Paint Shop Pro X4 Will Not Install

DonaldK

Question

I purchased Creator NXT PRO (I've been using Creator 2012). I did a complete uninstall of 2012 and then installed both disk 1 and disk 2 or creator nxt pro. No problems there, everything worked fine. I then went to install the 3rd disk, paint shop pro x4 and at the end of the install the following window came up:

Installation wizzard not completed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click finish to exit the wizard. 1073741819.

I've tried to install it without Norton being on, with and without entering the activation number both with and without the hyphens - nothing seems to work. I've attached the screen shot.

System Parameters include Windows 7 home premium SP1 64 bit OS, Intel core i7-2600K CPU 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 891 GB HD with less than 100 GB used.

Anyone have any ideas?

Paint shop proX4.doc

6 answers to this question

Pretty new to the forum - only asked, maybe 2 - 3 other questions since I purchased 2012 I belive early last year.

I purchased NXT via a promotion within 2012's software; the boxed version came from the online ROXIO store and the confirming email came from digitalriver.com.

So, to answer your question, yes, this is a bought retail boxed version.

As a development programmer, I fail to see how copying the disk files to a folder on the hard drive, then running setup.exe is going to solve this problem. After all, really nothing changes.

With the error code that was displayed and the screen shot that was uploaded, I suspect there is a problem with the product key supplied on the package verses the actual product key embedded on the disk.

However, I will do as you ask and copy the files to the hard drive and then run setup.exe.

I'll let you know of the results.

Thank you.

In addition to getting help on this forum, you might also raise your question on the Corel forums. Paint Shop Pro is not integrated into the Roxio Creator NXT program so perhaps someone at Corel forums might be of help.

Go here.

Actually this may be a better link.

Edited by sknis