Sign in to follow this  
drworry

EMC 8 and Trend Micro

Question

Apparently, when EMC 8 and Trend Micro Internet Security 2006 are both installed, my system freezes big time whenever I put a cd or dvd in either of my players. I have searched the forums, and was unable to locate the knowledge base article earlier referenced (article EE8000011) through the search function here.

Does anyone know more about this? Is there a way for these two programs to peacefully coexist?

(windows XP home, sp2; P4 - 640 3.2 Ghz; 1 gig memory; 1 sony CD player;1 sony DVD burner; Trend Micro IS 2006)

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Apparently, when EMC 8 and Trend Micro Internet Security 2006 are both installed, my system freezes big time whenever I put a cd or dvd in either of my players. I have searched the forums, and was unable to locate the knowledge base article earlier referenced (article EE8000011) through the search function here.

Does anyone know more about this? Is there a way for these two programs to peacefully coexist?

(windows XP home, sp2; P4 - 640 3.2 Ghz; 1 gig memory; 1 sony CD player;1 sony DVD burner; Trend Micro IS 2006)

Thanks

Hi

I'm running the same AV as you with no problems but i did have to disable the RX filter have alook at THIS

hope it helps you out.

Hi

I'm running the same AV as you with no problems but i did have to disable the RX filter have alook at THIS

hope it helps you out.

It totally worked! Thanks!