• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Record In 1080

MrDerpski

Question

I have the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. Works fine but there's an issue I'm facing. In the Profile in Tools > Settings, I can only choose 720. If I choose 1080 I can still record but the video cannot be accessed in my media player, will have some glitches when processed in VideoWave and will automatically crash Sony Vegas Pro 10 when clicked. Help please?

I'm using a PS3 (using component cables due to HDCP)

7 answers to this question

Tried the first, the program couldn't save it. As for the other one about the audio, I'm using another program that gets the job done.

As I said, my media player can't play it, rendering it on VideoWave will make it glitchy and it'll crash on Sony Vegas. Strangely, this only happens only when I use the 1080i profile, but if I use 720p profile there's no problem.

Edited by MrDerpski

Don't Know :huh:

others don't seem to be experiencing this and I don't see how your software could be any different...

The software captures as an MTS format but one that Vegas struggles with. Hence the suggestion to run it through a converter, or use VideoWave to output into something that Vegas will work with!

But I have not heard of anyone not being able to play the mts files with Windows Media Player!

Perhaps you might want to try a proper repair??? Follow these steps, exactly!

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture.

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.