• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

gcsheph

How To Set Up Multi Chapter Slide Show

Question

In Creator Nxt Pro I see how to create a slide show but not how to set up multiple chapters, that is, multiple slide shows that can be separately selected when played or just played sequentially. Thank you!

Well that is interesting... It doesn't work! :huh: But I did find a pretty simple workaround ;)

When you get to Step 3:

Pick Edit in VideoWave:

post-39730-0-02395000-1353764444_thumb.jpg

Then Choose Make DVD:

post-39730-0-71500100-1353764447_thumb.jpg

And when you arrive in MyDVD Chapter Menus will work as well as all other functions:

post-39730-0-05481600-1353764451_thumb.jpg

You could add an unlinked button and make it into a 'Play All' but they only work in DVD's and not HD Projects ;)

If you want multiple slide shows on a DVD with chapter menus?

I would use Videowave (edit video advanced) make your separate slide shows, output export as to DVD best quality.

When you have a hours worth (single layer DVD) or two hours worth (Dual Layer DVD) in play time use My DVD to author your slide shows to DVD (High Quality HQ) with Chapter Menus.

If you want multiple slide shows on a DVD with chapter menus?

I would use Videowave (edit video advanced) make your separate slide shows, output export as to DVD best quality.

When you have a hours worth (single layer DVD) or two hours worth (Dual Layer DVD) in play time use My DVD to author your slide shows to DVD (High Quality HQ) with Chapter Menus.

Yes that is the better way to go!

A new error: Per instructions I used Videowave and prepared 2 slide shows and went into My DVD and created a menu with 2 items Each will preview properly. When I try to burn to disk it goes all the way through encoding the images ()which I see) and menu, then says "complete" and displays the error

"Failed to start the image writing operation Error while Burning Image

80004003 Error while Aborting".

When I did this a 2nd time but had only one slide show, it completed normally and created a usable DVD. I tried the 2 item version twice with different DVD blanks and got the same error. Any ideas? THANKS!

A new error: Per instructions I used Videowave and prepared 2 slide shows and went into My DVD and created a menu with 2 items Each will preview properly. When I try to burn to disk it goes all the way through encoding the images ()which I see) and menu, then says "complete" and displays the error

"Failed to start the image writing operation Error while Burning Image

80004003 Error while Aborting".

When I did this a 2nd time but had only one slide show, it completed normally and created a usable DVD. I tried the 2 item version twice with different DVD blanks and got the same error. Any ideas? THANKS!

Instead of burning to disc, uncheck "burn to disc" and select either "create image" or select "folder set". This will seperate the encoding process from the burning process. If the image file or folder set are created without any error you can test them using a video player such as VLC. If the video plays correctly the you can burn the image file or folder set to the DVD. If that fails then there may be a problem with the burner.

Also, how long in time is your project?

I did as you suggested and created a.ISO file which went to completion without incident. The VLC player played the 2 chapters of the ISO file. However, the music which I attached to each chapter and Videowave did not play, so maybe this is a clue. The music does play correctly when previewed in Videowave (music is on the music track). The 2 chapters (slideshows) are about 3 minutes each so the total time is quite short. Any ideas you have on how to proceed will be most appreciated.

I did as you suggested and created a.ISO file which went to completion without incident. The VLC player played the 2 chapters of the ISO file. However, the music which I attached to each chapter and Videowave did not play, so maybe this is a clue. The music does play correctly when previewed in Videowave (music is on the music track). The 2 chapters (slideshows) are about 3 minutes each so the total time is quite short. Any ideas you have on how to proceed will be most appreciated.

1-Create the iso without music and try a burn to disc (use RW discs for testing)

2-try a differentaudio clip.

Where did you get the music you are adding? What format are they?

OK. I went into each of the 2 slideshows and deleted the music track and saved each one. I then went into the DVD menu and replaced the menu items with these 2 changed slideshows. This time the DVD burned successfully and is playable on a DVD player. As for the music tracks, they are ordinary MP3 files that I edited down with Sound Forge to be of the proper lengths. (In Videowave preview the sound tracks play fine.) So what do you think I'm doing wrong?

OK. I went into each of the 2 slideshows and deleted the music track and saved each one. I then went into the DVD menu and replaced the menu items with these 2 changed slideshows. This time the DVD burned successfully and is playable on a DVD player. As for the music tracks, they are ordinary MP3 files that I edited down with Sound Forge to be of the proper lengths. (In Videowave preview the sound tracks play fine.) So what do you think I'm doing wrong?

Why not add the mp3 audio files directly in Videowave? They will be automatically be adjusted to the length of the "video". It may well be that your SoundForge program does "something" tot the audio that myDVD does not like even though Videowave plays it properly.

Another option is to Output (export) the Videowave project to a DVD mpeg, best quality video file. You can then add each of the mpg files in myDVD to create the menu Titles.

I'll try these ideas next. I should note that if I have only one chapter, even with music as described on the music track, it works fine to make a dvd. It's only if I have more than one that I get the weird error. Thanks for all the help. I've really got to get this job completed.

In the outut list on export there are several choices for best quality mpeg. Which would be the best to choose? Thanks again,

If it is for DVD playback, it will bring up the appropriate mpeg option.

post-114-0-37959300-1353982177_thumb.jpg

OK. I am much closer. Doing the Output to file of the 2-chapter version with the exported files worked and created a usable DVD, including music. However, the video quality when played on the big screen tv is pretty poor - lots of 'edges' as the pan/zoom runs. I just picked the first 'best quality' item in the lengthy list of export choices (Archos MPEG4 (AVI) Best quaity). Maybe there is a better choice but I don't know which since I'm not familiar with all of the formats. Any further suggestions on this would be much appreciated. But I think I am near to getting this figured out with your help! THANK YOU!

There are only 4 choices for DVD playback and you should choose "best"

post-103-0-44627800-1353990017_thumb.jpg

Since you are not creating a HD video the quality on the "Big Screen" will of course not be HD

Most likely YES...

But you will have to explain in a lot more detail what you think "...create HD output..." means :huh:

Tell us what your Source is and what you want this Output to be or to be used on.

(always better to start a new topic than to crash into someone else's with a totally unrelated question!)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I did a few more tests and here are the resuits (all subjective, DVD played on BluRay player connected via HDMI to receiver & HD capable TV): I created 4 versions of the same material. The first two (Archos & Zen) produced unacceptable artifacts on pan and zoom of the slides. Both the mpeg2 for video & WMV9 produced acceptable results but the WMV9 file was nearly 8 times as large. HD output would be great but I guess that isn't possible with this software?? Thanks again to all for your help!

CORRECTIO: Sorry. I incorrectly reported the 2 'acceptable' file sizes. It was the mpeg2 file that is 8x bigger tan the .wmv version (the last choice on the list).

To clarify, and since I am a novice with the terminology, by HD I just mean a higher resolution output, even as a HD tv broadcast is at a higher resolution and hence produces 'better quality to the eye' rather than a standard definition broadcast.

re-read my post #20...

File Size is completly irrelavant in video work, it is Quality and Time that are the only determining factors.

To clarify, and since I am a novice with the terminology, by HD I just mean a higher resolution output, even as a HD tv broadcast is at a higher resolution and hence produces 'better quality to the eye' rather than a standard definition broadcast.

Perhaps you should explain exactly what you are trying to create: a slideshow on a standard DVD, a BlueRay disc slideshow, a slideshow just playable on your computer or what?

Many of the formats listed are really meant for playing on a computer or uploading to websites, etc and are often of "poor" quality. That is why you have to state what it is you want to create. Outputting to various formats is a waste of time.

I am creating a slide show for playback using a DVD player connected to a 50 inch TV. While the player is Blu-ray, I do not have a Blu-ray recorder on the PC. Thanks.