Nxt Pro Can Not Find My Camera

knuddy buddy

Question

I just loaded (from discs) Nxt Pro and now computer can not seem to find my camera.

I restarted the computer but when i plug my camera into the usb port- nothing happens.

I go to add a device and the window comes up that it is looking for a new device but never goes futher.

The camera screen shows "busy" but eventually goes blank

Did Nxt Pro do something to the computer or is this a coincidence.

8 answers to this question

I just loaded (from discs) Nxt Pro and now computer can not seem to find my camera.

I restarted the computer but when i plug my camera into the usb port- nothing happens.

I go to add a device and the window comes up that it is looking for a new device but never goes futher.

The camera screen shows "busy" but eventually goes blank

Did Nxt Pro do something to the computer or is this a coincidence.

Do you have a camera or a camcorder? Are you using your camera as a camcorder?

If it is a camera and you are trying to download images or videos just use Windows to copy to resources to your computer.

Details such as what you have for a camera and what you are trying to do are really important.

I have a Canon Rebel XT.and I only have pictures no video.

I have had the camera from 2-3 years and it has worked fine on my gateway computer with an i5 processer & Windows 7 Home Premium edition

I have downloaded 1000's of pics.

I just plug it it in and it appears (many places) - computer, devices & printers, pictures etc.

But since I loaded Roxio NXT PRO - it does not show up.

Now when I plug it in nothing happens.

I also go to add a device, but not only does it no show up, the window won't progess to - i have / know the device - the window stays open and nothing happens.

I have a Canon Rebel XT.and I only have pictures no video.

I have had the camera from 2-3 years and it has worked fine on my gateway computer with an i5 processer & Windows 7 Home Premium edition

I have downloaded 1000's of pics.

I just plug it it in and it appears (many places) - computer, devices & printers, pictures etc.

But since I loaded Roxio NXT PRO - it does not show up.

Now when I plug it in nothing happens.

I also go to add a device, but not only does it no show up, the window won't progess to - i have / know the device - the window stays open and nothing happens.

I don't know why it doesn't work, unless your cable has gone bad. Why don't you get a card reader, put your memory card in it, insert it into a USB port, and transfer your pictures that way? The transfer is usually faster with the card reader than plugging the camera in, directly.

Cable works -- I used it and the camera on the laptop - worked fine.

. I thought of getting a card reader but i think it probably won't find it either.

If not one has any ideas i guess I will try removing the program.

So you are using a laptop? Are you getting an audible or visual indication that there was something was plugged into your computer when you insert the cable and camera.?

I know this doesn't help but I have no issues when I connect my camera to my laptop with NXT. If this were an issue with NXT, more people would be complaining. It is something going on with your computer probably not related to NXT..

I just tried it this morning and it still works. Nikon D80, Dell laptop, W7

BTW, have you checked that the card hasn't been damaged?

Edited by sknis

In W-7 when you plugin a USB device you should get the 2-tone alert sounds which confirms the USB device is plugged in, do you?

Is the power on the camera turned on?

If you open device manager and plugin and unplug the USB device does anything change under 'Portable Devices'? You have to expand 'Portable Devices' to see.

I was using the laptop to check to see if the camera (and cable) were working. (it did)

I downloaded the pics from the camera to my networkable hard drive.

Which worked but took 2hrs to download. by the way,NXT Pro is not installed on the laptop.

I found a service pack update for my Windows 7 Home Premium. Installed that.

Did a full 100% virus acan (found 10 viruses and got rid of them).

Reboot the computer and low and behold the camera was able to find the camera

Just strange that the problem happened after I loaded Roxio.

I load pics from my camera just about every day will no problem.

Not sure exactly what cured it but it seems to be working.

Thanks out there for the suggestions

Good luck.

There are a couple of questions that you should ask your self:

1) Why didn't my anti-virus catch the viruses?

2) Were they really viruses or did your anti-virus see them and registered them as false positives?

3) Are you sure everything is now working correctly? Some of the items removed may not have been viruses. Did you check the names on the web before your anti-virus deleted them?