• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Compatibility Issue? Could Make A Better Capture Card With My Feet.

bloodsug4r

Question

So i've been using the Roxio Game Capture HD Pro for a while, despite its terrible flaws (Inbuilt streaming freezes, very little in the way of recording options & lack of updates for the device) i've continued to use it, it seems roxio has given up on a product they have just released which if they had embraced and listened to people in the community could of rivaled other competing products, now they have proven themselves still to be the 'cheap alternative barely anyone bothers buying'. Sending it back from the UK to the US would be a slow and laborious task so here goes my rant.

My roxio has now decided to not work with my xbox, after reinstalling/repairing my installation nothing fixes the problem. When its all wired up and my xbox is powered on, my screen shows a no signal status yet the preview window shows intermittent breaking of thin lines of colour (My xbox runs perfectly without the game capture inbetween) I thought this may be due to the USB input on the device being terribly made and the 3 cables i have basically hanging out of the socket half of the time..

So I tried my other xbox with the capture device.. and it works. Proving its not my laptop and not the HARDWARE.. its not my xbox as it works on other tv's without a hitch and has worked before with the roxio. So maybe its the software? As its receiving it would seem some signal based on the colour glitching in the preview, the xbox can work with other screens..

I tried cleaning my xbox's HDMI port, lowering the resolution and changing every conceivable graphical setting. My laptop is expensive and more than capable of running the device, as it has already been doing so with ease. I have uninstalled the program multiple times but maybe a complete wipe is in order? Maybe some remnant is causing this to happen?

Any ideas would be appreciated, i understand this is a user forum. I find too many people are redirected to obvious tutorials on how to set the device up so please read this fully and don't patronise me. I'd contact roxio but they are the worst company i've ever known, i phoned them after 2 and a half weeks of waiting for the product in the first place and waited an hour on the phone until i finally gave up.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet