Sign in to follow this  
Pawprints

Exporting A Video File That's Best To Upload To Youtube Later.

Question

Hi,

I'm enjoying using the capture card but have 2 issues that I'm trying to work out. The first isn't such an issue but the colours do seem very saturated when recording and passing through. In this instance I'm using an xbox and have tried various xbox settings and colour settings. Is there an easy default to getting a good clean image?

Oddly the first recording made a file of 0k but after that they seemed fine so I'm hoping that was just a glitch.

I am however having issues uploading to youtube. What is the best export format at HD quality that I can save and upload to youtube later? I tried using the export to youtube directly but it's not so great mainly because (if it's working correctly) you just see a spinning icon and no clue or indication as to what it's actually doing. After watching the spinny thing for 6 hours I decided enough is enough. Well ok, I didn't windows did doing an update but still before this point I had no idea and just left it. Is this normal? I have however uploaded 2 youtube videos manually but I want to know if there's a good 720p or 1080 setting that creates a streaming file that's not quite as big as the full blown file. 1.6 gb for 24 minutes takes quite a while to upload to youtube. If anyone has advice on the best setting to save a file for later upload that would be gratefully appreciated.

I like the device although do worry about how long the sockets will survive as they do seem over the top loose. Hopefully I have a 1 year warranty that should cover this but I think the socket quality does need to be improved.

I really hope that one day a mac driver will be created so I can use the device natively on my mac mini as I'm sure it could handle it. I've not tried it on virtual windows but I will do sometime in the near future just to see if it works ok.

Thanks for Reading and any help given. :)

3 answers to this question

I personally don't use the youtube upload feature in the video editor that comes with it. I literally started the upload 4 hours before bed, slept for around 8 hours and it still never uploaded. As for getting the quality, make sure you are set to 720p with the bit rate at max. After you capture, the video will save to your computer in a folder you designated. Take that file itself and import it into a different program such as Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas Pro. I edit using Premiere, personally. I add a sharpening mask at about 20% and I add RGB contrast (make a very slight "S" curve) and then I choose the YouTube 720p 29.97fps settings on export. Tip, 4-7Mbps is a good bit rate for exporting videos because it's a smaller file size and also still looks great.

Cheers for that. I'll stick to using external video editors after I've captured the video (I have about 5 different ones so I should be ok :) )

I am getting a lot of crashes though. Straight after I click stop capturing the program locks up on 2 windows 7 computers. Thankfully so far I can live with it as it seems to have made the file ok and it's just the software that crashes afterwards. One machine is quad core the other dual core and it's a pity as the one machine that works is the one I want to play the games on to capture :D

I really wish they'd make a simple capture solution for the mac although it does seem to work fine in parallels (apart from the same crashing issue). :)

My laptop has Windows 7 with an i5 processor (Intel HD 3000 graphics unfortunately) and it occasionally crashes after I press the stop capturing button as well, but luckily the file saves so there isn't any loss. I've had a few problems with the Roxio and so far the solutions have come from other users or trial and error, the company seems to be M.I.A when it comes to getting answers. I still like the product though, it has some faults, but it does the job. Good lucking videos is what I wanted and that's what I got :D