• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another "product Key Invalid" Thread

andym07

Question

I purchased Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus today. Put in the disc, began setup, program will not accept the product key. I've tried about 30 times. I found hte support suggestion of copying files from disc to HDD, which I did, and ran setup from there but same results. The product key will not validate.

I got it to validate on this website on my first try. I am using the correct format. I am getting the product key off a sticker that is on the disc sleeve which was inside of the box. There is not a typo in my entry when trying to install the software...

I've seen a couple other threads with this same problem but there has been no resolution, other than what I have already done...

Windows Vista 64-bit SP2; computer exceeds requirements, etc...

• Like 1

I purchased Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus today. Put in the disc, began setup, program will not accept the product key. I've tried about 30 times. I found hte support suggestion of copying files from disc to HDD, which I did, and ran setup from there but same results. The product key will not validate.

I got it to validate on this website on my first try. I am using the correct format. I am getting the product key off a sticker that is on the disc sleeve which was inside of the box. There is not a typo in my entry when trying to install the software...

I've seen a couple other threads with this same problem but there has been no resolution, other than what I have already done...

Windows Vista 64-bit SP2; computer exceeds requirements, etc...

andym07, I sent you a PM Personnel Message up top the open envelope.

post-97-0-24850000-1353937393_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdanteek

I tested one of your CD Keys and this is the error I encountered. A good CD Key should show the green check mark.

I have passed on this info to Roxio.

You could try and return the product, tell them the problem. If bought from Roxio you have a 30 day return it policy. I would contact Roxio support too.

post-97-0-87593600-1354459921_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-22202000-1354459931_thumb.jpg

UPDATE:

It's been a week since I posted this and created a support case with Roxio. I got an email saying "send in pics of barcode, UPC, and product key label." I did all that, replying carefully to the correct address (mycasesupport@corel.com) and mentioning the reference ID from teh email.

Then I got another email (lol) saying they were waiting on more information from me. What is this garbage? I just want to use the software that I paid $60 for!!! Did I GET RIPPED OFF???

No phone number to call...only submit forms for tech support? garbage.

edit - went online to chat with Corel, they could not help. So Frustrating!

Edited by andym07

i just purchased the Easy VHS to DVD3 Plus software from Best Buy and receive same message "product code not activated". This is actually the second one I bought. Experienced this the first time around, returned the software to Best Buy for an exchange, and wouldn't you know, this one is doing the same thing. Does anyone from Roxio/Corel monitor this discussion group and offer some suggestions? Getting response from their tech support is not easy.

If you're post is directed to me which I assume since I posted last, no I didn't read the posts prior to purchasing the software. Assumed it would work - then assumed it was just a fluke that it didn't work the first time - so foolish me that I should rely on a brand such as Roxio/Corel.

If you're post is directed to me which I assume since I posted last, no I didn't read the posts prior to purchasing the software. Assumed it would work - then assumed it was just a fluke that it didn't work the first time - so foolish me that I should rely on a brand such as Roxio/Corel.

YES YOU!

Not talking about pre-reading, but now. These are the things that you need to do and sometimes it helps to get someone else to do it while you stay out of the room :lol:

If this is the 2nd one, it is more likely a repeated user error than 2 faulty packages from the same store...

I just installed it on another PC recently, to make sure there wasn't something amiss, BUT mine is a downloaded upgrade so it is not a true test ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Jim,

Thanks for your input...I did not have any spam emails. I think they have forgotten about my case. I have spoken to every department I could find a phone number to, even tried online chat...digital river, roxio sales...nobody can help! In fact, I have a case number, which was emailed to my gmail acct...and try to log in to check on it and the website says: This Email Address Does Not Exist in our System"

This is very bad business...I am going to best buy and giving all of this information to the store manager to go up the ladder. Hate wasting the effort on that, but my opinion based on facts must be that Roxio is cheating me.

By the way - I am a computer builder and have worked in IT for 6 years. Just wanted to mention that, not trying to inflate ego on an internet forum but it is impossible that some "novice software installer" or "user" error is responsible for this issue. The problem is that Roxio's database must not have been updated when I purchased the product, although my Best Buy receipt shows the product serial number in addition to UPC. I doubt an exchange will fix the problem, but what else can I do.

By the way - I am a computer builder and have worked in IT for 6 years. Just wanted to mention that, not trying to inflate ego on an internet forum but it is impossible that some "novice software installer" or "user" error is responsible for this issue. The problem is that Roxio's database must not have been updated when I purchased the product, although my Best Buy receipt shows the product serial number in addition to UPC. I doubt an exchange will fix the problem, but what else can I do.

It helps to read the whole thread not just your back and forth with Mr. Hardin!

Re-read post #7, I tested one CD-Key.. I'm not a novice software installer or made a user error.

Easy cdanteek, I'm just stating that *I* am also not a novice - Jim did say that he believes it's likely to be a user error, as it happened to another member twice - I want anyone reading this thread, or having the same problem, not to simply assume there is some user error preventing the installation of this software. Basically re-itering what you said when you yourself (an expert) tested a key and could not get it to work.

Of course, not sure how a user could muck it up - all you do is pop in the DVD, hit Install, select English, agree to TOS, then box pops up asking for product key. We have proven this to be a Roxio issue as the same key which activates on their own forum (and identifies your software!) will fail when copy/pasted (with no spaces or weird characters) - or - manually entered repeatedly. Their lack of support is the biggest problem.

UPDATE: I just went back to best buy about an hour ago and exchanged for a whole new box. The cashier confirmed that it was activated - serial number printed on receipt - get home, no dice. Will not activate. Same thing. This seems to be a Roxio/Best Buy communication issue.

I suspect something happened (maybe during the merger with Corel?) that is affecting 3rd party retailer sales, or specifically Best Buy, and the "anti theft activation" process. I'm going for a refund tomorrow (going to spend more I guess, and get an internal capture card) and will never use Roxio products again.

I do appreciate the forum guides help, and although you are not employed by Roxio, I wish you were given the ability to activate our keys after seeing proof of purchase, or provide us with a working solution.

I too have just purchased a Roxio easy vhs to DVD3 plus and keep getting "product not activated" and then a "invalid key code". I tried it on several of my computers and got the same response. I'm planning on taking it back to Best Buy, but if they give me another it sounds like it might do the same thing. What do I do?

Same situation. Picked up Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus at Best Buy, and have been getting the 'Product not activated' message whenever I try my product key on installation.

And now the Corel support site seems to be malfunctioning...

Try to sign in: "no user with that email address exists in our system".

Create new acccount: "there is a user with that email address already in our system."

Forgot Password link: "this site is temporarily unavailable."

Ah, the full cluster eff.

Hey, I'm trying to get some video off a tape and onto YouTube for a wedding reception on Tuesday! This is no time for shenanigans!