• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jojoand

Picture files not organized by date taken or not found

Question

Is there a way to get Media Manager to find all one's pictures? I turned on the folder watch and after days, still don't seem to have many pictures in the media manager; either that or they are listed under the wrong date. Does Media manager list the picture using the camera info on date taken or just use the folder date or saved date? Or does it change the date of the pictures?

Also, why does a topic get closed? I noticed another question on topic of Roxio changing picture dates was closed. Who does this?

Thanks!

JoRene

8 answers to this question

Is there a way to get Media Manager to find all one's pictures? I turned on the folder watch and after days, still don't seem to have many pictures in the media manager; either that or they are listed under the wrong date. Does Media manager list the picture using the camera info on date taken or just use the folder date or saved date? Or does it change the date of the pictures?

Also, why does a topic get closed? I noticed another question on topic of Roxio changing picture dates was closed. Who does this?

Thanks!

JoRene

I have seen posts saying that Media Manager changes the dates of files. I have no need for it so disabled Roxwatch, immediately upon install of the software.

Media manager doesn't automatically scan every folder on your hard drive.If you are storing your pics in a different folder than the defaults that are watched you need to go in and adjust your watched folder settings.Could this be what is happening?

Media manager doesn't automatically scan every folder on your hard drive.If you are storing your pics in a different folder than the defaults that are watched you need to go in and adjust your watched folder settings.Could this be what is happening?

No, this isn't the problem. I have the folders checked and a few pictures have shown up frp, them...just not all or even most of them. On a different computer, Roxio seems to have picked up all the photos, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there a way to make Roxio start over. I'm not sure where the database is saved, so I don't know how to delete it for a fresh start.

No, this isn't the problem. I have the folders checked and a few pictures have shown up frp, them...just not all or even most of them. On a different computer, Roxio seems to have picked up all the photos, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there a way to make Roxio start over. I'm not sure where the database is saved, so I don't know how to delete it for a fresh start.

Have you tried unchecking all the folders reboot then check all the folders again then reboot again don't know if that would work but maybe worth a try.

Have you tried unchecking all the folders reboot then check all the folders again then reboot again don't know if that would work but maybe worth a try.

I have the same problem as the original poster. Even worse, the changes I make to the folders watched by Media Manager do not stick. The next time I bring up Media Manager to make changes, NO folders are checked. I also have problems unchecking folders. I can only uncheck the main folder and then must recheck all the folders under it that I want watched, rather than just unchecking the few I don't want. Even then, whatever I check does not stay checked. This program is very poorly written in my opinion. I also have trouble with pictures showing up in the wrong folder date when they are found at all.

It seems to be the luck of the draw whether this works or not. Anyone with input, please help! Thanks

I have the same problem as the original poster. Even worse, the changes I make to the folders watched by Media Manager do not stick. The next time I bring up Media Manager to make changes, NO folders are checked. I also have problems unchecking folders. I can only uncheck the main folder and then must recheck all the folders under it that I want watched, rather than just unchecking the few I don't want. Even then, whatever I check does not stay checked. This program is very poorly written in my opinion. I also have trouble with pictures showing up in the wrong folder date when they are found at all.

It seems to be the luck of the draw whether this works or not. Anyone with input, please help! Thanks

Near as I can tell, you are the original poster. :)

I think you're right! (That's what old age will do for you.) I AM having a difficult time getting ver 8 to work as expected and was searching for some answers to problems I've had for some time. Do you know if version 9 has improved on its installation routine or made any other changes for the better?

Near as I can tell, you are the original poster. :)

I think you're right! (That's what old age will do for you.) I AM having a difficult time getting ver 8 to work as expected and was searching for some answers to problems I've had for some time. Do you know if version 9 has improved on its installation routine or made any other changes for the better?

Hopefully, someone else will drop in to help you. The first thing that I did after installing EMC 8 and EMC 9 was disabling Roxwatch, because I had no need for the software to be messing with my files.