Sign in to follow this  
Syralys

Program Taking Memory Data

Question

Hello all, I would like to say this that the Roxio HD PRO I have is great and is working almost perfect.

But to get down to business I want to say that when I started streaming I noticed the timer for time left to record at the bottom left corner of the program was going down and below that my memory left was going down by .1 GB every minute that passed by. It even does it slowly when not streaming or capturing game footage but have the capture window up.

To my knowledge this shouldn't be happening while I'm streaming since I'm not using any of my hard drives memory NOR should it be doing anything while I'm messing with the settings.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice and it still does the same thing. For me I only have this one hard drive and if I lose all the memory because I want to stream and capture game footage to post on youtube than what would be the point in having this thing. Only had it for a day and I'm not really all impressed on what it's doing.

I don't have the money for another hard drive especially for a replacement one. So if a person that knows what is going on please help.

This program is eating away my hard drive and the program needs to be fixxed since that looks like the main problem of this problem in my eyes

When you're streaming or just sitting there messing with your settings keep an eye on the timer and your GBs.

11 answers to this question

The numbers are probably not based in reality :lol:

See what you free memeory is when you start (Ctrl-Alt-Del ~ Task Manager)

And your HDD Free Space ~ Win Explorer ~ Properties

Stream along for a game and check them after 1/2 hour or so...

What happens?

Note of course there is some RAM used as well as a HDD buffer but not at the rates you have asked about ;)

Alright so through my testings I am losing Hard drive space which this shouldn't be happening. I got in contact with someone sayiing it should do it and turning it into virtual memory. Which idk why a program should be doing that unless approved first.

Edited by Syralys

So I've concluded that the HD PRO and most likely the regular capture card (Not 100% sure) take hard drive space when streaming or just letting the program sit there.

I already had a post on this but I was told to stream for 30 minutes and see what happens I didn't see anything happen but that's because I was too hasty. I than come home later that night from work and noticed my disk space went down by 2GBs after my stream. (I did have some PC updates on the side so the whole 2GB was from the HD program)

Just yesterday I put a question in to technical support about this and he replied:

"Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.

Go to Device Manager and click on the "Processes" tab. Look for the items

"MediaCaptureGame1X.exe" and "CPSHelpRunnerGame1X.exe", then check the CPU and

Memory usage. If the values are way beyond normal, then the software is indeed

working. It should indeed be using your drive space, likely for virtual memory.

May I know how much drive space you have left, and when you last defragmented

your hard drive?

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions."

I've done defraging and disk cleanup before installing and after Livestreaming and still can't get the disk space back. I've reinstalled the program two times already.

I started with 298GB left after installing this program and now I'm down to 296 and most of that is lost for good because of this program.

To my knowledge and experience with livestreaming I shouldn't be losing drive space from Livestreaming gameplay. Xsplit doesn't do at all.

But when it comes to the HD PRO it does more than it should. To solve this issue I think I will need to buy a external or a second hard drive.

Install it into one of them and hope that it will not destroy my main hard drive.

OR just return my Roxio Card back from where I bought it and invest in a different Capcard.

If I could get help with this I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to lose a good hard drive because I want to Live Stream and

upload to youtube.

Edited by Syralys

You fall short in testing ~ great in thinking though :lol:

Now you found that 1/2 hour of streaming used 2 GB of HDD space...

Do it again for 15 minutes and see what happens! (I'm thinking that the temp file will be deleted and recreated ~ by halving the time the file should decrease)

What would this do? I've already done a testing of livestreaming, Concluded that this device and it's program is taking HDD space for no reason, and on top of all that I'm losing a piece of hardware I won't be able to be replaced until the end of the year.

Even if it needs the data for digital memory than why was this not included in any reviews or details?

I'm sorry to say but this thing needs an update fast to stop if from doing this or just make an update to where this thing is adaptable with Xsplit. Other than that I feel like I'm losing more than my money's worth

I just started using the device today and I too am seeing the countdown, almost as though it is not even livestreaming, but instead is saving to the hard drive.

I just started using the device today and I too am seeing the countdown, almost as though it is not even livestreaming, but instead is saving to the hard drive.

And where you have the original saved captured video to doesn't have anything. Right?

Yea no matter what I do it still keeps taking my HDD space while livestreaming. I've tried to reinstall it to my programs and not my programs (x86) which it ends up back in the 86 file i don't know why. I also now need to point out that there is an annoying sound coming in while I have the program running. I don't know where this came from but I would like an update to fix these problems mainly the HDD space stealing!

If Roxio didn't want this to take HDD space they should aid me on this and I wouldn't be coming here for help.

I've tested this thing twice. Still the same issue and an even greater anger on how this program can just steal rather than give. I never thought this would happen so my suggestion to Roxio is to update this program fix the bugs. Even if they have to make a brand new program I just want a proper program that I can use.

Edited by Syralys