mgmtmmpd2006

Help With Capturing Video

Question

Can someone help me? I just bought the 'easy vhs to dvd d plus', installed the software, hooked my sony digital 8 handcam camcorder up to my dell inspiron laptop to start transferring video and it wouldn't work. At first I could hear the sound coming through the software, but that stopped and all that I saw on my computer was a green screen. I tried to record twice and then I tried to go into my computer and find the file to see if there in fact was anything recorded and couldn't locate anything. I would really appreciate any help that I can get with this. I have a ton of old hi-8 video to transfer from when my daughter was little and would love to get started on this......

8 answers to this question

Tell us how you have got your camcorder connected to the Roxio VHS to DVD 3 capture unit?

post-68-0-76335300-1354393217_thumb.png post-68-0-31291700-1354393250_thumb.png

Edited by ogdens

Did you plug in the USB device BEFORE you installed the software? If so, that is your problem. Use Windows device manager to delete the device (2X) , repair the software and then plug in the device

Odens - I connected my camcorder via the audio/video cable directly to the USB device. I believe that I attached the cables to the camcorder and then plugged it into my computer via the USB. I don't have an S cable at the moment. Does this help?

sknis - I will try and re-install the software later this week when I have some free time.

The most common way of connecting is using a composite cable (Yellow-video, Red & White - Audio) OR some players only have S-Video connections, then you would use that plus the Red&White audio.

Go here for further help http://img.roxio.com...DVD_GSG_ENU.pdf

If you are hooked up correctly it should work.

If not follow the directions that sknis gave you in post #3.

Get back on here if you need further help.

Edited by ogdens

Ogdens,

Thank you for the help! Did everything like you said and it is still not working (uninstalled the software/reinstalled it, etc). I'm using the 3 composite cables, hooked everything up like the program says to and video is still not being captured. Any ideas?

When you re-installed, did you follow the instructions (exactly) as shown in post #3.

installed the software, hooked my sony digital 8 handcam camcorder up to my dell inspiron laptop to start transferring video and it wouldn't work. At first I could hear the sound coming through the software, but that stopped and all that I saw on my computer was a green screen.

Explain how it didn't work but you heard sound.

Are you capturing to DVD or edit and save?

Is your Sony digital 8 handcam stereo out or mono?

Try a DVD Player with a non copy protected DVD and see what you get.