Question

15 answers to this question

I have xp pro can not install EMC 8 Message at the end reads The was wizard interruped before EMC 8 could be installed any HELP Thank you

Did you download this version or is this a retail install? Sounds like it's downloaded and the download did not complete. Can you please post the exact message that's shown?

I have xp pro can not install EMC 8 Message at the end reads The was wizard interruped before EMC 8 could be installed any HELP Thank you

What error message does it give you?

Are you prompted anything? What is your answer to the prompt?

Did you have any previous EMCs installed?

Is there enough room on your computer to support EMC 8?

Was any anti-virus and firewall software running at the time?

Did you check for spyware/malware first?

Is your MS Installer software current?

So many questions, so little info..............

Was any anti-virus and firewall software running at the time?

Did you check for spyware/malware first?

Is your MS Installer software current?

So many questions, so little info..............

Larry...

Is there an advantage for having a dual boot on your PC? I was thinking of doing that... I also was thinking that SP2 would be my next step to try with my issues... [http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=6062] ...just wandering!

Billy Boy...

You should list your PC information... that way it would minimize the questons when someone reads your post!!!

Be blessed!

Larry...

Is there an advantage for having a dual boot on your PC? I was thinking of doing that... I also was thinking that SP2 would be my next step to try with my issues... [http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=6062] ...just wandering!

Well, in my case, it allows me to boot to another instance of XP that I use for testing things for my work, or to test installing something that I'm not sure will work correctly with my system. Once I'm comfortable that things will install and work ok, I can add it to the main partition. I keep clean images of each partition that I can easily restore if things go bad. I actually have a third partion I can image and 'triple boot' to if need be, in case I'm in the middle of testing soemthing on my other one.

Did you download this version or is this a retail install? Sounds like it's downloaded and the download did not complete. Can you please post the exact message that's shown?

Beerman

Thanks for answering. I have the CD from roxio, I had it installed on my Windows pro 2000 but my drive had to be cleared so i changed to XP Pro. I love EMC8 and would like to see it back.

Beerman

Thanks for answering. I have the CD from roxio, I had it installed on my Windows pro 2000 but my drive had to be cleared so i changed to XP Pro. I love EMC8 and would like to see it back.

Billy Boy, I still need more info.....such as the exact error message. Your first post was rather cryptic on what the error stated.

Billy Boy, I still need more info.....such as the exact error message. Your first post was rather cryptic on what the error stated.

Beerman

It goes all through the install prosses and at the end when the finish button comes up it says. The wizard was interruped before EMC8 could be installed.

Beerman

It goes all through the install prosses and at the end when the finish button comes up it says. The wizard was interruped before EMC8 could be installed.

I'm not real sure what to suggest but this was discussed in another forum awhile back with no final results posted. http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...amp;#entry10716

Also, just in case we've overlooked something, can you please post your system speces. Have you contacted Roxio support?

I'm not real sure what to suggest but this was discussed in another forum awhile back with no final results posted. http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...amp;#entry10716

Also, just in case we've overlooked something, can you please post your system speces. Have you contacted Roxio support?

Beerman

Dell

Pentium 4 cpu 1300 mhz

256 MB ram

It ran fine when i had 2000 Pro Will try to contact roxio

Thanks

Beerman

Dell

Pentium 4 cpu 1300 mhz

256 MB ram

It ran fine when i had 2000 Pro Will try to contact roxio

Thanks

Your system just barely meets the EMC 8 requirements. You did not list one of the most important spec, your video card. Since you have a Dell you propably have on-board video controller which in most cases is not compatible with EMC 8. Even if you can get EMC 8 installed you will be severely restricted in what you can do because of your slow CPU and low memory.

Your system just barely meets the EMC 8 requirements. You did not list one of the most important spec, your video card. Since you have a Dell you propably have on-board video controller which in most cases is not compatible with EMC 8. Even if you can get EMC 8 installed you will be severely restricted in what you can do because of your slow CPU and low memory.

Thanks

It worked fine on 2000 pro. How do i find what kind of video card i have and What do you think i should do?

Thanks and have a Moose Head on me

Thanks

It worked fine on 2000 pro. How do i find what kind of video card i have and What do you think i should do?

Thanks and have a Moose Head on me

Thanks, I just finished the MooseHead :) You sure know whats a good beer! :huh:

To find out what video adapter you have, open Device Manager and then click on Display Adapter to show what video device is on your system. You should see a display like I show below.

post-103-1156373725.jpg

Another thing you might try is to create another user account on the system and test using that account. The problem might be with Windows itself too.

Beerman

Thanks for keeping up with me, i have a nvidia ge force 3 is that ok?

Another thing you might try is to create another user account on the system and test using that account. The problem might be with Windows itself too.

Thanks ill try that.