• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recording Pops From Harddrive?

sjlarue1

Question

Greetings,

I am using the sound recorder to record from a mixer board. The issue I am having is that I am getting hard drive clicks on my recording. I am running everything through power filters and a usb connection...I have a Lenovo W530 with 16GB of RAM...it is a new computer running on Win8. It happens with the power supply plugged in, and when on battery power. I also have an older Asus running same program in Win7 and this is not an issue.

This doesn't happen when recording through Audacity...but I don't want to have to record through that if I don't have to...

Any Ideas?

I have included a sample file for your listening displeasure. :-D

LBC 08-05-2012 AM_9.wav

1 answer to this question

Greetings,

I am using the sound recorder to record from a mixer board. The issue I am having is that I am getting hard drive clicks on my recording. I am running everything through power filters and a usb connection...I have a Lenovo W530 with 16GB of RAM...it is a new computer running on Win8. It happens with the power supply plugged in, and when on battery power. I also have an older Asus running same program in Win7 and this is not an issue.

This doesn't happen when recording through Audacity...but I don't want to have to record through that if I don't have to...

Any Ideas?

I have included a sample file for your listening displeasure. :-D

Windows 8 compatibility with Roxio software.

http://corel.force.com/roxio/articles/en_US/Master_Article/000015286-Windows-8-Compatibility-for-Roxio-Products?retURL=%2Froxio%2Fapex%2Fkbsearchresultspage%3FapplicationSubCategory%3DCreator%26keyWords%3DWindows%2B8%2BCompatibility%26lang%3Den_US%26productSubCategory%3DCreator_2012%26productTopCategory%3DRoxio%26subTopicCategory%3DNONE%26subTopicCategoryText%3DNONE%26topicCategory%3DNONE%26topicCategoryText%3DNONE&popup=false&lang=en_US&productTopCategory=Roxio&applicationSubCategory=Creator&productSubCategory=Creator_2012&topicCategory=NONE&topicCategoryText=NONE&subTopicCategory=NONE&subTopicCategoryText=NONE&articleId=kA060000000L62o