Align Disc Label

alyn

Question

I am using Roxio Special Edition 2010. My system is Windows 8. I am using Memorex High Gloss CD Labels - 2 per sheet, one in the upper right corner and one in the lower left corner. I have never been able to align the label properly on the disc. After I have created the label and gone thru the calibration instructions, it is always 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch off. I have just wasted 6 labels and finally got one that is 1/4 inch off. And I only got that by moving & guessing at the position of the label. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. I have always used Roxio, but most applications on this last upgrade to 2010 has never worked properly. I upgraded mainly for the transfer of tape to DVD, however it has never worked. Also "Create DVD" and "Edit Video-Advanced" has never worked. So I only use it occasionally to make a cd and sure would like to be able to, at least, do that. Thank you for any help.

1 answer to this question

I am using Roxio Special Edition 2010. My system is Windows 8. I am using Memorex High Gloss CD Labels - 2 per sheet, one in the upper right corner and one in the lower left corner. I have never been able to align the label properly on the disc. After I have created the label and gone thru the calibration instructions, it is always 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch off. I have just wasted 6 labels and finally got one that is 1/4 inch off. And I only got that by moving & guessing at the position of the label. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. I have always used Roxio, but most applications on this last upgrade to 2010 has never worked properly. I upgraded mainly for the transfer of tape to DVD, however it has never worked. Also "Create DVD" and "Edit Video-Advanced" has never worked. So I only use it occasionally to make a cd and sure would like to be able to, at least, do that. Thank you for any help.

Creator 2010 isn't W-8 compatible.

That is probably your problem "Also "Create DVD" and "Edit Video-Advanced" has never worked."

The print to disc function has been a on going problem.