Sign in to follow this  
Jen Benn

Converting Video Files---All End Up Being 2 Seconds Long

Question

I am trying to convert video files from my point and shoot camera as well as from my phone into files that I can edit in imovie. When I convert them in Toast 10 they all end up being 2 seconds long. How do I correct this?

Thanks

Jen

4 answers to this question

I can't think of any reason for that to happen. Are the videos transferred to the hard drive before adding to Toast? What are the specs of the video that Toast describes in its window? What format are you wanting to convert them to?

The videos were transferred from my iphone and Sony point and shoot camera to my external hard drive and then from there to a folder on my desktop then I dropped them into Toast to be converted....the duration of the files are listed the correct length, but the preview only shows 2 seconds worth. If I choose the edit button for the individual video clip and then the edit button within that clip then it shows it at the full correct length. When i hit the button to convert...they end up being only 2 seconds long.

I'm sorry but this is very puzzling. I have no idea what might be the reason for this. All I can think of is to trash the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder, trash Toast and reinstall.

I figured out my problem. What I had to do was open each file individually and export them from Quicktime and then put them into toast to make then a usable .dv file for imovie.