Question

Now, there is no need to crucify me off the bat here, I already know how to record my own voice in videos and can hear my party as well.

I am quite proficient with editing software and understand the value of a slate to do a "marker" when needed.

NOW, what I need help with is say when I play Halo 4 with my friends, their voices seem very quiet and the game audio is drowning them out. I know Xbox has an option in preferences to change it up, but I feel like it has little to no effect on what I'm doing. Though I do believe I am doing something wrong because many people have there audio perfect.

Is there perhaps two different channels? Such as Party chat on one and game audio on the other so I can manage both and turn one down accordingly? Because right now if I turn up chat the volume in the "capture" window it just raises everything up not just game volume.

My set up is:

Turtle Beach X11 with the Green "headphone" line-in going to the TV with the Red and White inputs that come with it.

The Pink "Microphone" jack goes into my Laptop so I can record audio with my own programs.

The Roxio HD Pro goes into my laptop as well.

In summary:

How can I turn up my Xbox party chat and turn down my game volume so there is a happy equilibrium.

Cheers.

5 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem you are having. For instance..when I record party chat while playing Black Ops 2, the game does not drown out the party chat. But like you, I cannot do the same with Halo 4.

I know this comment doesn't help you, but just saying that it happens to me too. There must be a way to turn up just the party chat so they can be heard.

I have exactly the same problem you are having. For instance..when I record party chat while playing Black Ops 2, the game does not drown out the party chat. But like you, I cannot do the same with Halo 4.

I know this comment doesn't help you, but just saying that it happens to me too. There must be a way to turn up just the party chat so they can be heard.

Really? In the back of my head I was thinking "test other games, why not" and I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully it is not JUST a Halo problem lol, I do believe Halo 4 does not have an in-game audio option.... Any other games you've tried that work fine, or is Halo 4 not alone with the boombastic gameplay?

I tried BF3 and it seemed fine, it was a bit quieter then a usual battle because we did a pistols at ten paces duel. But I really hope this isn't a Halo problem and I have to try and get an entire developer to change something for a minority :/

(Minority being people with HD game capture devices that want awesome audio quality so the content they post is good)

I can third that voice chat seems especially low in halo 4 (Only game I have used it for thus far) with the device.

I noticed it more when I had component in and outputs than compenent in and hdmi out.

Edited by Jabberwockxeno