• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ross W

Photo Cd Shows Duplicate Filename

Question

I have made a photo CD with Toast that I want to play on DVD players as well as on my MacBook. I have Toast Titanium10.09.

The problem is,the DVD players I have show duplicate files for each photo.On my Panasonic player,it will play a slideshow,but plays a thumbnail first,then the main picture.My philips DVD player will not play at all but will display the filenames.

I remember in the pre OSX days,I had to strip off an invisible extra file that the Mac wrote along with the jpg photo. I thought that in all OSX versions,this no longer had to be done.

Playing the CD works fine on all Macs.

Now If I make a Photo DVD-R ,with the exact same photos,the DVD-R plays fine with no problems on all players.

So,what settings must I use to make a CD that will make it play like the DVD-R on all machines?

3 answers to this question

I recall the double image issue you're describing. One easy option is to create both a DVD slide show and a photo disc on the same DVD. That way the DVD player will default to showing the DVD slide show. Just set the slide show up in the Video window and select "Include original photos." Toast will automatically include the Data Photo Disc. Otherwise I need to think about how to solve this. It may require creating a temporary partition where you copy the photos. Or maybe it would work to first create a ISO9660 disc image with the photos, mount the disc image and then add those to the Photo Disc window to make your DVD.

Thanks for the reply.I did make an ISO9660 CD disc,but the double files were still there on my DVD players.The reason I want them on a CD is the photos I have will all fit onto one CD. But I was just thinking now,that maybe DVD players are more fussy about CD's when it comes to photo files than music files.

I'll try the work-arounds you have suggested.

Thanks for the reply.I did make an ISO9660 CD disc,but the double files were still there on my DVD players.The reason I want them on a CD is the photos I have will all fit onto one CD. But I was just thinking now,that maybe DVD players are more fussy about CD's when it comes to photo files than music files.

I'll try the work-arounds you have suggested.

I now remember that there is a tool called Blue Harvest that strips those hidden extras from the files so only one image appears.