• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Cyberce

How Do You Set Up The Hd Pro For Wii U?

Question

11 answers to this question

A little confused. How do you use the roxio for the Wii U to record in HD. Not PS3 or Xbox. Thankyou. A picture helps too

Your Wii U has HDMI out?

If so, it should be the same as the XBOX setup.

Adding to the good news is that Nintendo hasn't encrypted the digital output of the Wii U. There's no HDCP implementation, meaning that you can connect the Wii U to older DVI monitors with no support for the nigh-on useless digital encryption system. Probably of more relevance is that you can easily record video directly from HDMI.

post-97-0-45378400-1355494585_thumb.jpg

Sorry for all those posts. What I was not understanding is the setup for the wii u in terms of what wires i need and where do I put them in. The reason I was confused was because I saw a Youtube video where the guy says due to copyright protection issues it won't let you record the wii U with an HDMI cable.

This is the video that says it wont work with hdmi so I was just wondering the whole set up on how it would work then.

Again sorry for all the posts.

I don't own one but what I read from several sources there is no HDCP on the WiiU.

A trip to Best Buy might be in order! ;)

True. I just want to know if anybody else knows about this. If it is protected what is the other setup and what do i need to buy. Also where do the plugs go in. A diagram like the xbox or ps3 would be help but i just want to know before i buy this so i dont waste my money and realiza it doesnt work with wii u.

True. I just want to know if anybody else knows about this. If it is protected what is the other setup and what do i need to buy. Also where do the plugs go in. A diagram like the xbox or ps3 would be help but i just want to know before i buy this so i dont waste my money and realiza it doesnt work with wii u.

I just called Nintendo 1-800-255-3700 and asked the tech.

He said wii u Standard and Deluxe are not HDCP enabled.

They both come with Component and HDMI connections.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have an issue with my Roxio HD capture device where it will not pick up audio from my Wii U console. I have the HDMI leads and USB cable set up exactly how the manual instructs, but my TV will not produce audio for my Wii U nor will my PC and Game Capture software. I am using the exact same set up to record my xbox 360 and I have no issues at all with that console. It is just the Wii U for some strange reason. If I plug the Wii HDMI lead straight into the TV, the audio works fine.

I have also tried different HDMI ports and cables but still had no luck. My Windows 7 device manager is showing the capture device clearly as it should, as well, so my PC is definitely connecting to the device properly, and as I stated, it works fine with my xbox 360 console. All video footage is recorded perfectly, just no sound.

Let me know if you want any more details.

Something in the settings of your Wii U. Make sure it is set to Stereo and to output on HDMI.

Otherwise there is that phone number in CD's post ;)

Thanks for getting back to me!

I have messed around with a number of Wii U settings, including the ones you mentioned but had no luck. I will try again, though. I live in the UK, so I'll have to give them a call on their UK number.

It's just a huge mystery to be honest. :)

Update: I've tried those things again and still have no luck. Looks like I'll have to use component cables but I'll give Nintendo a call tomorrow. Complete mystery.