• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Npfilms12

How Do You Record With Roxio Game Capture Hd With Vga Monitor? Please Help

Question

Hey guys. I recently purchased a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. The question is, how would you be able to set this up with a VGA monitor? It's a Viewsonic, that's the name of the VGA monitor. I really don't want to spend a lot of money to try to make this work. Do you think this would work? I just don't have the USB on my VGA. Btw, if I posted this on the wrong section. Then sorry. I'm new here, please. If anybody has any solutions, let me know. Thanks.

http://www.bestbuy.c...o dvi&cp=1&lp=8

21 answers to this question

I was hoping someone with some firsthand experience would pop in and recommend something for you...

I assume you intend to use this VGA Monitor as you "Play" monitor while you capture or stream on your regular PC Monitor???

As I understand it, nothing Cheap is going to convert HDMI or Component output from the pass through on the box, to VGA...

There are simple wires with those type connectors on each end, but they do not Convert anything :huh: (most are honest enough to say so)

Please confirm what is is you want to do and what you have in equipment, video card, etc. so we have a better picture ;)

Hey guys. I recently purchased a Roxio Game Capture HD Pro. The question is, how would you be able to set this up with a VGA monitor? It's a Viewsonic, that's the name of the VGA monitor. I really don't want to spend a lot of money to try to make this work. Do you think this would work? I just don't have the USB on my VGA. Btw, if I posted this on the wrong section. Then sorry. I'm new here, please. If anybody has any solutions, let me know. Thanks.

http://www.bestbuy.c...o dvi&cp=1&lp=8

Your link to Best Buy shows a HDMI to DVI Cable.

Does your VGA Monitor have a DVI connection?

Your link to Best Buy shows a HDMI to DVI Cable.

Does your VGA Monitor have a DVI connection?

Yes, it does. It has only one on the back.

I was hoping someone with some firsthand experience would pop in and recommend something for you...

I assume you intend to use this VGA Monitor as you "Play" monitor while you capture or stream on your regular PC Monitor???

As I understand it, nothing Cheap is going to convert HDMI or Component output from the pass through on the box, to VGA...

There are simple wires with those type connectors on each end, but they do not Convert anything :huh: (most are honest enough to say so)

Please confirm what is is you want to do and what you have in equipment, video card, etc. so we have a better picture ;)

Ok. I do intend to play, stream, etc. I'm using a laptop if that's what you mean. It can run a Roxio for sure. I would plug the Roxio USB to the back of my Xbox. Then the other USB to my laptop, and if the HDMI to DVI cable from Bestbuy would work. I would plug that to the back of my VGA monitor.

Thanks!

Let's clear up some terminology ;)

It is a Roxio GameCAP HD ~ not a USB!

The USB Cable connects the Roxio GameCAP HD
to your laptop

The XBox will connect to the Roxio GameCAP HD via a HDMI

Your Monitor is then separate and you want to use it to play the game on while your laptop captures or streams.

To do that you need to use the Pass Through connections on the Roxio GameCAP HD. (your laptop screen will on be showing the running software)

IF your monitor has a an DVI for input (cd asked you for that info)... Then YES it should work! (if not, you should not have any problem returning it to Best Buy)

You know that you normally cannot buy your way out of trouble? :wacko:

We keep asking you to clear up some questions about your setup and you don't respond...

We are pretty good at this if you provide the info... If not then folks will stop wasting time here :(

You know that you normally cannot buy your way out of trouble? :wacko:

We keep asking you to clear up some questions about your setup and you don't respond...

We are pretty good at this if you provide the info... If not then folks will stop wasting time here :(

What questions? For this setup, I'm trying to play on my VGA monitor while still recording on my laptop and/or streaming. I have a DVI input on the back. For my Roxio, I will be plugging the USB it comes with to the back of my Xbox. While plugging the other USB to my laptop, then the only problem is the last USB that is supposed to be plugged into your TV. Mine doesn't have that, so to solve this I am going to buy a DVI to HDMI cable if that works. What else details would I need to provide?

What questions? For this setup, I'm trying to play on my VGA monitor while still recording on my laptop and/or streaming. I have a DVI input on the back. For my Roxio, I will be plugging the USB it comes with to the back of my Xbox. While plugging the other USB to my laptop, then the only problem is the last USB that is supposed to be plugged into your TV. Mine doesn't have that, so to solve this I am going to buy a DVI to HDMI cable if that works. What else details would I need to provide?

:huh:There is Only ONE usb connection!!!

It goes from the PC that is running the capture software to the GameCAP HD

post-39730-0-35535200-1355864034_thumb.jpg

There is NO Other usb connection on the GameCAP!!!

Edited by Jim_Hardin

:huh:There is Only ONE usb connection!!!

It goes from the PC that is running the capture software to the GameCAP HD

post-39730-0-35535200-1355864034_thumb.jpg

There is NO Other usb connection on the GameCAP!!!

If it doesn't come with any other usb connection. How am I suppose to capture it to my xbox? I don't have another usb connection to plug into my xbox.

Do you have a friend that could help with better PC tech skills?

Look at this X Box setup connection diagram.

http://www.roxio.com...o/overview.html

Yes. I do, I clicked on the link and saw that. Thanks, that did help. But do you have any links on where I can buy the HDMI port for my Xbox & Roxio?

Never mind. I found one.

Edited by Npfilms12

Keep us up to date of your progress... always like to know how these things turn out ;)

Don't worry, I will. My HDMI to DVI cable comes in either tomorrow or Friday, and I'm going to buy the other HDMI cables for my console today.

Keep us up to date of your progress... always like to know how these things turn out ;)

Got the cable. No signal or source is coming up at all, at first the source did work and it said HDMI. But now it didn't.. my Roxio is showing the blue lights and the HDMI is on. Everything is set up correctly I believe, I heard a lot of people get this bug? Please help.

Ok. Actually it shows the source now, I fixed it myself. Now the only problem is that it says no signal. I repaired the software and uninstalled.. tried everything.

EDIT: I put the DVI to HDMI in the wrong slot on my USB. Just put it on the right side, there's signal on my laptop now but not on my VGA monitor :|

Please help. I have spent long hours to try and get this work. I honestly don't get how there isn't signal on my VGA.

Just to say... I plugged the DVI to HDMI cable from my Roxio to my VGA, it was on the side where the USB to PC goes in. Then I plugged the USB from the Roxio to my laptop. Finally, I plugged in my HDMI cable from my Roxio (the other side) to the back of my Xbox 360. It all went perfect, till my VGA had no display. On the software, it shows the display. But on my VGA, it doesn't. Also if I plug the DVI to HDMI on the other side of my Roxio, I will have signal on my monitor but not on the software.

Edited by Npfilms12

You keep throwing out a lot of terms that make no sense in the way you use them :huh:

Farnkly, as cd suggested, you need to invite someone with more knowledge over to assist you in sorting this out ;)

You keep throwing out a lot of terms that make no sense in the way you use them :huh:

Farnkly, as cd suggested, you need to invite someone with more knowledge over to assist you in sorting this out ;)

They do make sense...... and like I actually would invite someone just to help.

Thanks for the help anyway, I appreciate it.

EDIT: I got it to work. Just bought better HDMI cables :)

Edited by Npfilms12

Really???

not anymore, not getting any output signal from my TV.

AND I DID invite someone with knowledge. He tried helping me out and still getting nothing. No display on the output of my monitor, but on the roxio preview screen I'm getting display...

So many issues with this Roxio...

Can we please switch over to the new topic? I thought it would be neccessary because I know how to record now, just no signal now.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/85170-hdmi-dvi-no-signal-on-monitor/

Edited by Npfilms12