Capture Issue

Evilball

Question

Hello, I just got my card in the mail today, and when I went to set it up everything was going fine until I hit a wall. When i load the Capture Software this is what i get.

ZoluT.png

Then i get an hour glass, and then nothing loads. I select Options and under General / Profile there is nothing to select.

I can see my game on my TV, but I get nothing on my computer. I have attached my Log. i am using an xbox with HDMI cables.

9 answers to this question

I've tried a few different things.

When i unistalled the driver for the capture card, i was able to see the capture screen, with everything blanked out. what makes since. but once i plug the capture card in and the driver is reinstalled, the capture screen looks like my previous post.

Of course your capture window should look like this with the device plugged in:

post-39730-0-13767200-1355865062_thumb.jpg

Let's take a look into your Device Manager first wtihout the GameCAP attached...

Then WITH the GameCAP attached. (should look like this)

post-39730-0-33227200-1355864644_thumb.jpg

If it does not look exactly like that, the one Roxio entry, then it is not installed properly!

Either way you could just follow the proper repair to see it it helps ;)

Follow this EXACTLY as it shown!

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, you will have to reapply the SP1.1 for game capture. (some report this is not needed if you do the update above)

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Thank you for the reply. I have taken 2 screen shots. first with gameCap unplugged, and second with plugged in.

EH17I.png

DKWc9.png

I will now try the repair and see how that works for me. I will try it and update when i'm done. thanks again!

Edited by Evilball

Thanks for trying all that ~ your a good sport :lol:

I see the 'Bath Towel Pattern' only briefly when I plug in the device, then the rest of the screen fills in...

Let's nail 2 other items and they are your PC Video Settings...

Right Click anywhere on Desktop:

post-39730-0-78066200-1355920565_thumb.jpg

1: Check the Res ~ 2. Click Display:

post-39730-0-11760700-1355920568_thumb.jpg

Must be Smaller (100%)

post-39730-0-73107400-1355920569_thumb.jpg

Your probably OK on these so the last thing I have is to follow the Prep Steps abover (unplugged - no AV or Firewall) download and run the Revo Uninstaller, in moderate mode only!

Reboot and install the GameCAP Software with fingers crossed ;)

Let us know!

I don't know what is wrong. I checked both video settings. resolution is set to recommend and the display is 100%. I then tried uninstalling the Software using the Revo uninstaller, and installed it again, but once i plug the card in the screen shows me nothing.

I wouldn't care if i could just record some game play, but i'm not able to do anything with this card.... this is getting very frustrating and making me second guess my purchase of this card.

Edited by Evilball

So... after some much time need away from this, I came back with a new thought. I started looking over everything on the box and and the internet. then it clicked... minimum system requirements - Windows Media Player 11 or higher.

I start searching my computers... and it's no where to be found. So i down load it from windows and reinstall GameCAP. open the program before i connect the card. opens as before, everything blanked out.... i close everything.... say a prayer and plug in the card. next i open the software and sure enough i get everything to open up.

So I am now able to record and everything! Thanks for the hard work you put into this, but it was something i didn't even thing about.