• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Share Photoshow In Any Way, Shape Or Form

badmammyjammy

Question

I am using the deskop Photoshow premium version with Windows 7. I have been unable to upload my show to my member page, unable to share it on Facebook, unable to covert it to any other format and unable to burn it to disc. When I attempt to upload it, it goes through the upload process but never appears on my member page. When I attempt to share it on Facebook, I don't even get the screen asking for my FB user name, etc. and then it never appears on my FB page. When I attempt to convert it to a different format (wmv for example) it appears to be converting but is still at 0% even after an hour.

I have:

updated Windows

assured I am logged in

cleared my temp files and cookies

assured my firewall is allowing the program

assured the file size and file extensions are acceptable

saved the show under a different name and attempted to upload that

scoured these forums and done everything I have found suggested.

Any further suggestions?

Thank you in advance...I'm at a loss.

7 answers to this question

Forget about facebook. I have never been able to make that work. Have you tried YouTube?

I check out the program and the upload/download about every two weeks and sometimes I do get a problem.

The first thing to try is to go to your member page and redownload Version 6. Install it over what you have now and try again. Since it never really starts the program is corrupted or (i know you checked) one of the files is corrupted. Are you adding mp3 files that you own and that are not in the ITunes folder? Are you adding video? What theme are you using?

If you give me enough information, I can try to duplicate it. ,

Edited by sknis

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I already tried to reinstall PS6...that didn't work. I am using the Cool Cuts theme. The MP's I am using were purchased and downloaded from Amazon and are in the music folder on my hard drive. I also downloaded and tried a program called GSpot that is supposed to check videos for errors (I found a link to it here in the forums) with no success. Since posting this thread I was able to get PS to convert my show to a wmv file. I attempted to upload it to my member page but got a "fakepath" error message. I don't really care about Facebook, it was just something I tried when uploading to my member page didn't work. I hadn't even thought of YouTube, will try that next. Thank you again!

Why don't you just use the upload ability in the desktop version of PhotoShow to upload the show to your member page. Make sure you are logged in.

I just tried it and it worked for me. Double check your internet connections and firewall to make sure that you can get to the site. What do you see when you select to upload it to the site. Do you see a progress bar?

Do you have any problems previewing the PhotoShow on your computer?

Edited by sknis

Uploading to my member page from the desktop software is exactly what I haven't been able to do. I am logged in when attempting to do so. I click the Post to My Member Page icon, a status bar pops up and it appears to upload. Occasionally I get an Error 403 message but 9 of 10 times the status bar just disappears as if the upload is complete. I have attempted this approximately 12-20 times over the past 4 days and every times the results are the same.... I open a browser, open my member page and the show simply isn't there. I've had no problems using the the desktop software or viewing my show on the desktop once I completed it. Last night I was able to upload the wmv file to YouTube. I have even gone so far as to disconnect from my wireless router and try uploading via the cable internet connection... no luck there either. I have come to the conclusion that the software is junk and I will probably be unable to use it, which is a shame because I have become very familiar and comfortable with it and really like it.

OK, since my last post I tried two more options. First I completely turned off my firewall and tried to upload the show...no luck. Then I deleted one of the two email addresses I had associated with my account, logged out of the desktop version, logged back in under the remaining address and attempted to upload...no luck there either. That's another 2 upload attempts and still no show appearing on my member page. This time, I did receive another Error Code 403 message on one of the attempts. I googled the code and am trying a few things, so far with no success. From what I've read in these and other forums, it sounds very difficult to reach tech support or to receive and resolution, let alone get a refund, so I might as well keep trying. Thank you again for your replies!

Believe it or not I got good response by posting my questions on Roxio's facebook page. You can try that.

Have you tried making a new PhotoShow with only a few pictures --no music and no video. If that uploads, add the video file and try again and then some music. It may or may not fail. The upload to the web site should not take very long so "building" the PhotoShow may point out if there are any issues with your resources (vidoes, images, music).

The only other thing I can recommend at this point is to use Revo Uninstaller (free software) to completely remove PhotoShow from your computer and then re-install it. Something must be corrupted and the re-install didn't clear that. If you use Revo Uninstaller, make sure you use the MODERATE mode and agree to remove everything it asks.

Did you ever resolve this problem? I am having the exact same problem, although I was sucessful uploading a slide show a few days ago, the new one I've been trying to upload for the last 2 days either gets a 403 error or as you expllain, seemingly goes through the process, but the show never shows up on the member page.