• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pro Hd Not Connecting To Tv (Ps3)

Harry102

Question

Hello, i have bought the Roxio Game Capture Pro HD and it doesn't seem to connect to my TV. I have bought 2 sets of the AV Cables with 5 colours (Green, Blue, Red, White and Red) but they do not seem to work. I used to use have two HDMI cables which i found out didn't work because I'm using a PS3 and they do not work because of protection reasons. It worked fine then, i could see my screen etc but i just couldn't record. I then bought 2 sets of these HD Component AV Cables to see if they work. Now the software won't even connect/see my console.

Here are some pictures of the setup.

post-108526-0-06200900-1355926463_thumb.jpg

post-108526-0-26058600-1355926466_thumb.jpg

post-108526-0-02483300-1355926469_thumb.jpg

I've annotated the pictures to make it easier.

I also have another problem, when i try use the Editing part it does not let me use it because it says: The program cannot start.. etc.

I will attach a image below so you can see the error. I have not had any problems with my PC, it's up to date with most things. Windows 7 64 Bit.

post-108526-0-79701700-1355926630_thumb.png

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, if not then I'm going to request a refund as i cannot use it.

Thank you.

Hello, i have bought the Roxio Game Capture Pro HD and it doesn't seem to connect to my TV. I have bought 2 sets of the AV Cables with 5 colours (Green, Blue, Red, White and Red) but they do not seem to work. I used to use have two HDMI cables which i found out didn't work because I'm using a PS3 and they do not work because of protection reasons. It worked fine then, i could see my screen etc but i just couldn't record. I then bought 2 sets of these HD Component AV Cables to see if they work. Now the software won't even connect/see my console.

Here are some pictures of the setup.

post-108526-0-06200900-1355926463_thumb.jpg

post-108526-0-26058600-1355926466_thumb.jpg

post-108526-0-02483300-1355926469_thumb.jpg

I've annotated the pictures to make it easier.

I also have another problem, when i try use the Editing part it does not let me use it because it says: The program cannot start.. etc.

I will attach a image below so you can see the error. I have not had any problems with my PC, it's up to date with most things. Windows 7 64 Bit.

post-108526-0-79701700-1355926630_thumb.png

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated, if not then I'm going to request a refund as i cannot use it.

Thank you.

Completely close the program roxio game capture hd pro and downloaded the restart and install directx9

http://www.filehippo.com/it/download_directx/

Ok neither of those work, i recently bought some new cables listed below and these didn't work either. My software crashes/goes into not responding mode when i try the editor even though i now have DirectX.

Cables i bought:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005J2QT0Y/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 x1

http://roxio.co.uk/eng/products/accessories/ps3-component-cable/overview.html (One similar) x2

I've had a friend who has a Roxio HD Pro help me set it up like his and it doesn't work, I've just tried it on a different laptop (Under 6 months old) and it still doesn't work.

Anyone know if i can get a refund because this isn't working. I've bought 5 more cables which I've tried and all of them do not work.

I have no more patience to keep trying.

Try this:

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc, run Install.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

When you plug the GameCAP in, now your Device Manager should appear.

Try this:

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc, run Install.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

When you plug the GameCAP in, now your Device Manager should appear.

Alright thank you, i'll give it ago

what???? :wacko:

Installing the Software does install the drivers :huh:

Reboot, it will work now.

Ok, I've rebooted and tried to get it working. My TV won't find the Roxio, all there is a blue screen i've check all of the different Sources. Also when i try open the capture thing it just says 'Loading...' for half a second then closes. I'll restart again and see if that helps

Ok, I've rebooted and tried to get it working. My TV won't find the Roxio, all there is a blue screen i've check all of the different Sources. Also when i try open the capture thing it just says 'Loading...' for half a second then closes. I'll restart again and see if that helps

Nope still the same

Then the software isn't properly install on that PC/Lap...

Redo the steps that were outlined in Post #10

What are the specs of the PC/Lap? ~ it does not seem like it is up to the task...

The Pass Through works whenever the GameCAP is powered on. Software has nothing to do with that!

Specs:

6GB Ram

Intel i5 Processor

2.40GHz

64 Bit

640GB Harddrive

I've redone the steps and it's still the same. Maybe the Roxio itself is faulty?

Very, very unlikely that the Hardware is bad...

A Blue Screen? On your computer???

I think you are trying to do too much at once and not paying attention to the details.

Forget the TV, just your PC, Game Console and GameCAP!

Does it work???

If not what error?

Try it with a DVD/BD Player as the Source. What happens?

Very, very unlikely that the Hardware is bad...

A Blue Screen? On your computer???

I think you are trying to do too much at once and not paying attention to the details.

Does it work???

If not what error?

I get a blue screen on my TV. Can i go on webcam and show you? Maybe you can help me from that because i have no idea

In post #19 you were asked to do this:

Does it work???

If not what error?

In post #20 this:

I don't know if it would be a problem or not, but did you disable all of that virtual stuff you have? Webcam and microphone? Disable them, and see if it makes a difference

You answered with this

"I get a blue screen on my TV. Can i go on webcam and show you? Maybe you can help me from that because i have no idea"

Please, try the suggestions, don't do anything else, forget the TV .

Yes there seems to be a big disconnect between what we need you to try and what you do and report :huh:

It is going to have to come together or there is no point in trying to help you :(

Ok i understand, do you think it's possible to get a refund as I'm not going to use the Roxio because i can't get it working?