• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does Toast 11 Support Closed Captions?

jsasaki23

Question

2 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure they will be there when making a video DVD but I don't know what happens when converting for playback in the iPad. If they aren't included with the iPad conversion then get ElGato's Turbo264. What I do when using that app with TiVo transfers is choose Never Re-encode in Toast's custom encoder settings window and choose the Blu-ray video setting (I have the Blu-ray plugin). Then I choose Save as Disc Image. When done I mount the disc image and drag the enclosed .m2ts file to the Turbo264 window. In this way the TiVo package is removed so I can retain the HD video when converting whereas Toast will reduce the resolution to standard definition when converting.

Thanks; using Never Re-encode and Save as Disc Image worked! The only weird thing is that Toast (10) encodes the closed captions in a way that keeps Handbrake from seeing them. (I use Handbrake to create mp4s for my iPod & iPad.) However, ccextractor can see the captions on the disc image and create a .srt file that I can use with Handbrake.