• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tracking Issue

gifting

Question

When playing to adjust audio levels, the video playback screen says DVD/VCR and moves around. No error message. I hear the sound of the video. Thought Iwould move forward and burn the DVD anyway. Still not seeing video when recording but hearing the audio. I'm assuming I won't see the video when I play back the DVD. Why am I not seeing the video?

15 answers to this question

The S-Video is only available when playing DVD's.

For VCR you would connect the Yellow/Red/White Line out jacks on the back of your VCR to the Roxio unit.

On your remote for the TV select the TV/DVD-Video, then select Video (page 10 in the manual)

If the S-video is only available when playing DVD's, how come the instructions tell me to connect it to record my VHS movies to DVD from my VHS player?

I have tried connecting the 3 cables and not the S-video cable to the VHS player and the instruction screen appears on the laptop on how to install the cables.

Nothing happens on the TV when I press the TV/DVD-Video button on the TV remote.

Does it matter that I have an AT&T U-Verse box connected?

Q - "If the S-video is only available when playing DVD's, how come the instructions tell me to connect it to record my VHS movies to DVD from my VHS player?"

A - The Roxio unit has two sets of input connections. 1-S-video and 2 - Composite (Y/R/W). This allows the user to input from either of these two sources. Now, in your case, your combo DVD/VHS unit has two sets of outputs S-video and Y/R/W, and the VHS is ONLY on the Composite one. A lot of combo units are that way.

There should be a button on the front that has that function (page 121 in the manual)

As for the cable box connections I have no idea how you have that set up.

T