• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 11, Blu-Ray Compressed Video Files Stored Where?

Video88

Question

I'm using Toast 11 to compress and burn Blu-ray video created in FCP7. My original QuickTime file is 45 GB and the compressed file shows approx. 9 GB. I cannot locate the compressed file stored anywhere on my hard drive. I've checked the Roxio Converted Items folder and it is empty. Where does Toast put the files?? I have to be able to manage hard disc space and this seems really strange to not be able to EASILY find my files! Any help will be appreciated :wacko:

3 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of the Roxio Converted Items Folder. (Here to referred as RCIF for ease of typing :)

I'm using Lion, 10.7.4. This may be a Lion issue??

I have 5 Blu-Ray programs I have created and saved. Each time I double click on the Toast .disc file, which is only about 6KB, a reference file, my program will open up and then in the RCIF folder the files .ac3 of 1228 MB and .264 of 9.32 GB will show up. So as long as I have Toast open and the program open the files will show in the RCIF folder.

Once I close Toast and then go back to the RCIF on my hard drive, the RCIF is empty. I have tried spotlight, setting preferences within "Find" to show all invisible files and I can still not locate the ac3 and .264 files. I need to see where they are to manage disc space. I don't know where Toast is actually writing the blu-ray (ac3 and .264) files if I can't see them. They disappear from the RCIF once I close Toast :( Very puzzeling.....

Added info: I did set the preferences in Toast to show visable in the RCIF. Now I show a folder in the RCIF as DVD.tmp. I also changed the preference settings to "never" delete the file when closing Toast. I think it might have been writing the files to this temporary folder. I'm going to check when these blu-rays are completed in the burn process.