• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Backontrack For Roxionxt

Noddy4463

Question

Just upgraded PC from Roxio2012 to RoxioNXT. Your website shows that BackonTrack supports full drive images, but this is not available with my install. Legend states that no drive recovery is provided with RoxioNXT. This is very confusing as there is little value in providing full drive save but no recovery. Can you explain?

7 answers to this question

Just upgraded PC from Roxio2012 to RoxioNXT. Your website shows that BackonTrack supports full drive images, but this is not available with my install. Legend states that no drive recovery is provided with RoxioNXT. This is very confusing as there is little value in providing full drive save but no recovery. Can you explain?

Sounds like a question for sales.

Perhaps it was a Windows 8 certification issue. Do you have W-8?

When you installed NXT did you remove 2012 first? As I understand it, NXT installs over Creator 2012 but leaves some of the applications in place. This may be one of them.

Edited by sknis

Give me the parameters. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to check for since I installed over a previous version. If I open the program, I do see the ability to make a start up/back up.

Although the program is not very good compared to other programs, perhaps the OP should make a decision if he needs the full application - because he has a back up already or other reasons. If so it may be possible to install only BOT4 from the creator 2012 install disc.

Thanks Steve, I dabbled as well :lol:

From what I see, the Creator 2012 BoT offered full computer backup and restore:

post-39730-0-17860300-1356283147_thumb.jpg

Whereas the NXT version offers backup but no full computer restore... (you can pluck files from within the backup)

post-39730-0-55559000-1356283149_thumb.jpg

As you mentioned there are Plenty of stand alone options!

One of the 'bad' things with Suites is that they sometimes change or discontinue portions, like BoT, as time goes on... :(