• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Split From - Roxio Video Capture Usb Device

JMike

Question

I don't know if I should post in this thread or start a new one but I'll start here.

I'm using the Video Capture USB device (older one). I had just installed Windows 8 and did a previous test with Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. The capture was a little jumpy (flickered ever so often) but the sound was like using a tin can for speakers. So I decided to move up to Roxio Creator NXT Pro. But now the Roxio Media Import does not see my Video Capture USB device. I even tried to reinstall the driver for the device but still not found.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

9 answers to this question

I don't know if I should post in this thread or start a new one but I'll start here.

I'm using the Video Capture USB device (older one). I had just installed Windows 8 and did a previous test with Roxio Creator 2011 Pro. The capture was a little jumpy (flickered ever so often) but the sound was like using a tin can for speakers. So I decided to move up to Roxio Creator NXT Pro. But now the Roxio Media Import does not see my Video Capture USB device. I even tried to reinstall the driver for the device but still not found.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Actually a followup to this. I did find that I was getting a USB port error that it was connected into. I got that corrected and now it comes up but the video is still very choppy. Looks like it keeps jumping or something. Really unusable as it is. The computer I have this installed on is a brand new mother board with 16GB ram. So I don't know why it's running so much worse now than it did on my older mother board with only 4GB of ram.

Attached is my Device Manager results for USB controllers.

Yesterday, after I had gotten it working but very jittery, I tried moving the USB plug to one of my USB 3.0 ports. It actually seemed to do a better but still had an occasional jitter in the video. Today after turnning on my computer, the connection is showing it failed again like I had originally found it (which is what was originally keeping it from showing up in the Video Capture selection.)

I had to unplug it and plug it back in again which then it showed up correctly (this is a pain if I have to do this every time I want to use it). Attached another picture of it when it's showing connected.

I also attached what the current driver details are showing for it now. And I have ran the RoxioVideoCaptureUSBDriver_KM00EXD0SQA.exe program a couple different times.

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.39GHz

Memory: 16.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Mother Board: MSI H77MA-G43 http://www.msi.com/p...ml#/?div=Detail

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Let me know if you need any additional information. I appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,

Mike...

post-59711-0-48674400-1356456082_thumb.png

post-59711-0-99676700-1356456089_thumb.png

post-59711-0-05401200-1356457426_thumb.png

Under options, General, are you set for Composite or S-Video?

And if I missed it how are you connected?

Does Roxio USB Capture Device drivers appear and disappear in Device Manger when you plugin and unplug the USB Device?

Have you tried different USB Ports?

post-97-0-26432100-1356463173_thumb.jpg

Edit: I had not seen cd's #8 Posting... Do that First!

Thanks!

That indicates that the Drivers are correctly installed so... Let's go with the repair process for NXT again as it often takes a couple of trys ;) You realize that Creator 2011 is not Win8 compatible!

I think what you want to do is try a repair but make sure you do it this way...

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc (download version - run Install)

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

See what that does for you.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Ok,

Attached are some screen shots following CD's comments.

#1: When I started up my computer today, the Video Capture was again in a Failed status. Screen shot shows what the CM was displaying.

#2: After I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it then showed back up again. Screen shot shows this.

#3: Shows the settings I normally use for trying to do a video capture. At least this is what I've always used before.

I did a test video capture. If I can upload it, it should show what I'm seeing. It's just a short video but at about 18-19 seconds you will see the first jitter and about 36-37 seconds is another jitter. {couldn't upload it, too big}

I connect to the Video capture device directly from a DVR output using the Video and Audio jacks.

I performed the repair action (with my firewall and anti virus off and device disconnected). After the repair completed I reconnected the capture device. After trying repeatedly (and different USB jacks on computer) it would not get recognized (kept reporting the failed status).

I then tried running the driver RoxioVideoCaptureUSBDriver_KM00EXD0SQA program (with the device disconnected). Several attempts again and it still would not be recognized.

Ran the driver RoxioVideoCaptureUSBDriver_KM00EXD0SQA again this time with it connected. Wasn't recognized after program finished but after disconnecting it and connecting it back in, this time it finally got recognized.

I ran another test capture and I'm still seeing these occasional jitters in it.

Mike...

post-59711-0-08733400-1356579409_thumb.png

post-59711-0-85069800-1356579416_thumb.png

post-59711-0-12472300-1356579422_thumb.png