When Are Edits Executed?

JLD

Question

Hello ~

I'm a first-time user with Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, but generally savvy on on computer matters, though not geek. That said, I cannot find clarity on how/when the edits actually take place after I mark them, as desired, according to the instructions. The "?" Help to the left of the edit line takes me to that point, but never says how to execute the edits, and I can find nothing anywhere online or in Roxio tutorials or in their Support Knowledgebase that addresses this.

After I mark the edits, how can I execute them. Specifically, I have one VHS that is 2:04 and I need to trim it down to under 1:52 to get it to fit on the DVD like the other family films in the series. Hopefully, there is a simple answer to this that I'm just not seeing, or I suspect there would be more out there on this. I would like to see the edits trim down to under 1:52, before I attempt another burn, so I don't get the "Too Full" error message, so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this.

JLD

2 answers to this question

Hello ~

I'm a first-time user with Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus, but generally savvy on on computer matters, though not geek. That said, I cannot find clarity on how/when the edits actually take place after I mark them, as desired, according to the instructions. The "?" Help to the left of the edit line takes me to that point, but never says how to execute the edits, and I can find nothing anywhere online or in Roxio tutorials or in their Support Knowledgebase that addresses this.

After I mark the edits, how can I execute them. Specifically, I have one VHS that is 2:04 and I need to trim it down to under 1:52 to get it to fit on the DVD like the other family films in the series. Hopefully, there is a simple answer to this that I'm just not seeing, or I suspect there would be more out there on this. I would like to see the edits trim down to under 1:52, before I attempt another burn, so I don't get the "Too Full" error message, so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this.

JLD

The actual "edits" are executed when you Output to a video file (Export) or when you select the Burn option in myDVD. Until that point all the edits are simple a list of instruction and are "saved" in the project file if you select Save As. It is only when you you start rendering/encoding that the "list of instructions" are executed.