• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

legendofhalo162

Can I Record In Hd Without An Hd Tv?!

Question

Hey everyone I was looking to get a Roxio Game Capture HD PRO, but when I looked into it a bit it seems that it requires an HD TV to record in HD. I have an older TV so I am not sure if I can. I thought a little bit and came up with an idea to get this HDMI to RCA compnent AV cable. I attached a picture of what it looks like so you may have a better idea of what I mean. I was thinking of putting the HDMI into the Roxio and putting the component (red,yellow,white) into my tv. Then of course I would put the rest of it together like it normally would be. I wasn't sure if this would work so I could record in HD. If not would I be able to crop it in 16:9 (or whatever the right size for a youtube video would be) Could anyone please let me know? That would be great! Thanks! :)post-108736-0-85350500-1356561079_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

First of all, the cable is HDMI to Composite... (Yellow, White, Red)

Component (PR, PB & Y) is an entirely different signal.

As far as I know that will work! I don't have one so I have NO first hand experience and you might have noticed the majority of users here only Ask Questions :lol:

One trick I use when sniffing out solutions, is to check the User Comments on an item. A lot of the time you will see one or more that comment on the results of the exact use you want with that product ;)

Capture is completely independent of Pass Through (tv)... It is always in 16:9.

Wouldn't be possible, you cannot use an HDMI to component cable and vise versa to convert the signal. Reason being is that HDMI is a digital signal, while RCA cables contain an analog signal. The only way to achieve what you're trying to do is to get a downscaler, which would cost you more money in the long run.

Wouldn't be possible, you cannot use an HDMI to component cable and vise versa to convert the signal. Reason being is that HDMI is a digital signal, while RCA cables contain an analog signal. The only way to achieve what you're trying to do is to get a downscaler, which would cost you more money in the long run.

Thanks for reafirming that ;)

I found one for around $50 ~ HERE

Let's remember that it doesn't matter one iota what kind of TV you have when it comes to the capture.

The capture is not being done through the TV output,it's being done through the USB connection to the computer.

So no matter the connection to the TV you can capture in HD.

What is true is what Solution said.You cannot go HDMi (or DVI) to Component or Composite.

If you buy that cable you'll have wasted your money.

There is a tutorial that someone made on hooking up to a SD TV.Look at the pinned posts and you'll find it.

I think the biggest issue is that you can't play by watching the preview screen because of the encoding lag. And if you don't have an HD monitor connected to watch while you're playing, if you set the output resolution to something your monitor can't display you won't be able to play. So, while the hardware might let you do what you want, you'll be playing blind, which is sort of like not playing?