• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pass Through..help!

Octane

Question

Does the HD pro work as a pass through without having the USB attached to a computer? I have the HDMI from my Xbox to the Roxio and the HDMI from the Roxio to the TV. When I unplug the USB from the computer the Roxio's lights go off and the TV goes black. My last Roxio (SD version) allowed me to use it as a pass through without a connection to a computer. What am I doing wrong?

Thx

7 answers to this question

Yes, you can use it as a pass through. I my case I have console specific component cables going from my PS3, in this case, to the game cap. I have component cables running from the game cap to my tv. My game cap isn't connected to the computer using the USB cable, but I can still play the PS3 by simply changing it to the component input on my tv. Nothing more than that for me and it still works. I'm not sure about Xbox since I no longer have mine. Maybe it only works using component, I have no idea, but that's how I use it as a pass through with my PS3. Hope this helped at least a little.

Yes, you can use it as a pass through. I my case I have console specific component cables going from my PS3, in this case, to the game cap. I have component cables running from the game cap to my tv. My game cap isn't connected to the computer using the USB cable, but I can still play the PS3 by simply changing it to the component input on my tv. Nothing more than that for me and it still works. I'm not sure about Xbox since I no longer have mine. Maybe it only works using component, I have no idea, but that's how I use it as a pass through with my PS3. Hope this helped at least a little.

This Is Not what the rest of us see :huh:

I just tried it using both HDMI and Component for Input and HDMI for passthrough and there is Absolutly NO signal unless USB power is applied to the GameCAP ;)

I don't recall the post, but even Ivan, who helped develope this device has stated that it must be powered for the passthrough to work.

I'll just clarify everything here. Passthrough via analog cables(ie component) with the Roxio Game capture HD pro WORKS without having the USB cable plugged. If you're using HDMI, it HAS to be plugged in. Why? Because HDMI has a digital signal, which means that most things digital need something to power it. RCA cables work because it's not a digital signal, and does not need to receive power to work.