Key Has Been Used Too Many Times Error

Alexhof

Question

Hello,

I formatted my computer without uninstalling Roxio Creator NXT Pro.

Now when I'm trying to register my copy again, it says "Key has been used too many times".

How can I solve this issue? I can't find a way to contact Roxio direcyl.

Thank you.

- Alex.

• Like 1

21 answers to this question

Hello,

I formatted my computer without uninstalling Roxio Creator NXT Pro.

Now when I'm trying to register my copy again, it says "Key has been used too many times".

How can I solve this issue? I can't find a way to contact Roxio direcyl.

Thank you.

- Alex.

There is a limit on installation activations.

How many times has it been activated?

Don't tell me one or two!

Hello, I have just discovered the same problem with re-installing Roxio Creator NXT after doing hardware changes in my computer, (replacing hard drives) And Re-Configuring the operating system . When I tried re-installing my copy of Roxio Creator NXT I get the error message "Key has been used too many times", WHATS UP WITH THIS?? Plus you can't seem to find tech support via email unless you pay a fee. Seems if Roxio wants to keep it's customers coming back to buy future products they should be considering letting you re-installing your software without a limit on the times. I can't believe I spent all this money on a product that limits your installs when you do hardware updates. I know next time I'll not make this mistake again by supporting this company, sure is funny there is NO LABEL ON THE SOFTWARE STATING LIMITED INSTALLS only in the "fine print" of the EULA. And Yes I have re-installed the product more than once on my single computer after trying to tweak the computer and fixing all the errors..

Edited by Jeff Pino

If you just bought the product directly from Roxio/Corel, then you have a 30 day warranty. Read this. If you have a facebook account you can reach support here. They do seem to be more responsive than on these user forums.

There is NO CHARGE for e-mail support. You must get in touch with Roxio/Corel to reset the installation count. Roxio/Corel is just trying to keep semi-legal purchasers from making copies for friends. If you were in the business, wouldn't you. Most software has a legal install count.

• Like 1

Hello, I have just discovered the same problem with re-installing Roxio Creator NXT after doing hardware changes in my computer, (replacing hard drives) And Re-Configuring the operating system . When I tried re-installing my copy of Roxio Creator NXT I get the error message "Key has been used too many times", WHATS UP WITH THIS?? Plus you can't seem to find tech support via email unless you pay a fee. Seems if Roxio wants to keep it's customers coming back to buy future products they should be considering letting you re-installing your software without a limit on the times. I can't believe I spent all this money on a product that limits your installs when you do hardware updates. I know next time I'll not make this mistake again by supporting this company, sure is funny there is NO LABEL ON THE SOFTWARE STATING LIMITED INSTALLS only in the "fine print" of the EULA. And Yes I have re-installed the product more than once on my single computer after trying to tweak the computer and fixing all the errors..

How many times did you install the software?

You asked

"Can the key used too many times occur if the computer has been reformatted several times even with no hardware changes?"

"Also will a proper uninstall release the install count on the Corel's server?"

YES, to the reformatted question; NO to the uninstall/reinstall.

Roxio only has 14-days of free warranty tech support and after that it's $19 per incident. Do I need to pay this fee and purchase a support code to have the product key reset after being used too many times on a single PC? Will I lose an activation if I cancel installation past the product key entry screen?

Roxio only has 14-days of free warranty tech support and after that it's $19 per incident. Do I need to pay this fee and purchase a support code to have the product key reset after being used too many times on a single PC? Will I lose an activation if I cancel installation past the product key entry screen?

Those are questions nobody here can answer (since we are only users and not Roxio support). You will have to contact Corel/Roxio direct.

On the original post, have you made any hardware changes since you last installed Roxio before you reformatted? Many software products using product activation use hashes of a combination of hardware components and OS.

I don't think the activation has anything to do with hardware changes since it is only requested when installing the software

I am having a similar problem. I uninstalled and re-installed multiple times because it would lockup when I would try to run Roxio burn. So I removed it one more time with a special program to do a clean uninstall hoping that was the issue. I am now trying to reinstall it one last time and I am being told my key has been used too many time. What is the exact email address I need to send my information too to get my key reset to work again?