Once Again.. Product Key Is Not Valid (Best Buy Purchase)

tracymc

Question

16 answers to this question

Hi my product key is not valid. The one person I got to on the phone told me to return the opened box to Best Buy. Is there a better way to fix this?

Help!

It seems the products CD Key gets activated at Best Buy when you buy the product. There has been several of you folks with the same activation Best Buy problem!

I would return it and demand that the manager and the Geek Squad try installing your boxed version and come to a solution for the problem.

I had the same problem...twice. I returned my first purchase to Best Buy and they gave me another one. After the second time I registered on Roxio's Help center and received a case number. I had to send a copy of my receipt, screen shot, and the product key to a technician. In less than a day, the technician responded by email to inform me that the product key had been activated. I was then able to install the program without any problems.

I had the same problem...twice. I returned my first purchase to Best Buy and they gave me another one. After the second time I registered on Roxio's Help center and received a case number. I had to send a copy of my receipt, screen shot, and the product key to a technician. In less than a day, the technician responded by email to inform me that the product key had been activated. I was then able to install the program without any problems.

Thanks for that information!

Clearly there is a problem with Best Buys activation process and it needs the attention of Best Buy and Roxio.

This is a known issue. The problem is between BestBuy and Corel. Unfortunately, the paying customer is caught in the middle.

Here is what you need todo.

As Roxio/Corel no longer offers free support of any kind, you actually have to pay money to get anyone on the phone. So what I recommend you do is login to Facebook, join the Roxio Product Group.

https://www.facebook.com/roxio?fref=ts

Voice your concern on Facebook. Roxio/Corel monitors that group, and they can easily have a support agent contact you for free.

You should not have to pay money to get this issue resolved. This has been an ongoing issue with BestBuy for months.

Once you are connected with a support agent, provide them a copy of your receipt, a copy of the serial number located on the Box as well as a copy of the activation code on your disc sleeve. They will be able to activate that key, and this will get you up and running.

This is what I had todo, and it took a matter of minutes to get the issue resolved.

Corel really needs to start paying attention to these forums, and see the vast amount of customers who are experiencing this issue. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed by Corel.

Good luck, and please followup to let us all know how it turned out.

Cheers!

Same problem here...Just got a copy from Best Buy...My receipt shows serial number...When I try to install I'm told my key is invalid

I've bought several different retail software's from Best Buy and I have never seen the software serial number/CD-Key ever appear on a sales receipt. It's always been concealed inside the box on a CD Jewel Case or paper sleeve.

Does your CD Jewel Case or paper sleeve have a serial number/CD-Key on it?

Edited by cdanteek

I'm with cd, I have never, ever heard of the CD Key being on a reciept! But then it is Best Buy :huh:

How about sending cd an IM and include a picture/scan of your disc label and reciept! (don't post it in the open forum!)

IN's are sent like this:

post-39730-0-10663200-1357222602_thumb.jpg

Posting a pic info is HERE

You can trust cd with CD Key and this will really help us get a better understanding of this.

Yes, of course I used the key on the envelope (duh)...I simply mentioned the serial number being on the receipt because I read in one of these stupid threads someone say "the reason it would not work is because Best Buy did not validate it at purchase". Can't someone at roxio just give me a key that works? Isn't there a simple fix to this problem? I'll be honest, this is kind of crazy!

KyPinky: At this point I think your best bet would be to return to Best Buy and take it up with them.

It appears that their Computer is supposed to do some Activation at the Point of Sale and it is screwed up :huh:

You can try contacting Roxio but frankly by the time you get a response, you could have it resolved on your own ;)

Not sure what I am going to do but the one thing I am sure of is I WILL NEVER BUY A ROXIO PRODUCT AGAIN! This whole experience has been a nightmare. Their complete and total lack of customer support is like nothing I've ever seen before. It's sort of like those gypsies that take money to roof your house or resurface your driveway and never return. The only difference is people should know better than to give those guys money. When you buy a product at a brick and mortar store you assume their suppliers are somewhat reputable...I was wrong...I will lodge a complaint with the BBB, but I'm sure there are so many at this point one more will be meaningless

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Not sure what I am going to do but the one thing I am sure of is I WILL NEVER BUY A ROXIO PRODUCT AGAIN! This whole experience has been a nightmare. Their complete and total lack of customer support is like nothing I've ever seen before. It's sort of like those gypsies that take money to roof your house or resurface your driveway and never return. The only difference is people should know better than to give those guys money. When you buy a product at a brick and mortar store you assume their suppliers are somewhat reputable...I was wrong...I will lodge a complaint with the BBB, but I'm sure there are so many at this point one more will be meaningless

Since the OP got his answer, and evidently acted on the information given, and you aren't going to act on the information given, this thread can drift off into the sunset.

Jim advised you what to do, and if you don't want to do it, so be it.

I understand your frustration but your conclusions are not supported by any facts!

There is a know issue at the point of sale at Best Buy and that could even be down to the individual at the cash register :o (I would have written an automatic routine to activate based on product scan - but I didn't do this!)

We explained how to resolve this, but like your hollow BBB Threat, I guess that is too much to expect from you...

I am sorry it didn't work out for you.