• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Grey Sidebars On Capture

Thomquist

Question

6 answers to this question

Its definitely not the video settings because I've tried multiple games and heck even tvs and consoles. I've tried cropping in Vegas Pro 12 but due to the video format Roxio captures in it removes the gameplay audio. If I try to crop in Roxio's editing software it changes the picture but leaves the bars there.

Most likely it is going to is going to come back to what the size/ratio of the game is actually being output as...

All HD capture is of 16:9 ratio!

If the game is anything else OR the Console is set to something other than 16:9 you get Borders and that is a fact of life :huh:

Look on Commercial BD or even DVD Movies... Most are not exactly 16:9 and when you play them you get borders! (how come no one ever whines about that?)

Issues about Sony Vegas are known and pinned to the top - READ THEM and that problem will disappear ;)

ALSO you add the capture as an overlay and stretch it to fit using the VideoWave editor. But that will only work if it is truly a 16:9 ratio, otherwise you will hit the edges at the sides or top/bottom first and have to choose between borders or cropping :wacko:

With that in mind play around a bit and see what you can do with it. If you have more questions or need some tips, post back :)