Question

Hey guys, I just recently got a new tv and attemped to hook up my Roxio game capture hd pro today. I got all the cables set up correctly with my xbox and the light glowed when i put the usb into my computer. However, although everything worked just fine, there was one problem.

The capture window said "No input" even though the usb was plugged in, and the capture was glowing. I tried all the different ports, re-downlaoding the software, and have looked over all the forums. Yet nothing has worked. My youtube channel is down until i can fix this :/

Any help would be nice guys.

Thanks

Apache

17 answers to this question

Open your Device Manager, Sound & Video and with the Roxio GameCAP plugged in make sure you only have this entry!

post-39730-0-76338500-1356789257_thumb.jpg

Also, sometimes after having everything hooked up, you have to reboot :huh:

weird.... its not appearing in the devices, but its powering the game capture when i plug the usb into my computer... its not under hidden devices either.

this is even more confusing because just a couple days ago i was recording with the same capture on a different tv....

If it doesn't show it, it isn't going to work...

You need to try it on another PC to narrow it down to Device/Cable or PC specific ;)

Ok. So i tried it on a smaller, weaker(but newer) HP laptop. The Laptop still powered the device, and it signaled that the device was plugged in, but there was no sight of the 'RoxiogameCAPHDPRO' in the device manager. I did this without installing the software on the HP

Edited by Brettword

Ok. So i tried it on a smaller, weaker(but newer) HP laptop. The Laptop still powered the device, and it signaled that the device was plugged in, but there was no sight of the 'RoxiogameCAPHDPRO' in the device manager. I did this without installing the software on the HP

Oh not to worry, Windows never finds the proper drivers, they are only in the Software install...

Go ahead and install the software on that anchor! It is for a test to see if the input works, not for using ;)

So i installed the device on the HP computer. The device was functioning perfectly, but when i plugged the USB in the same thing happened. THe light for the capture turned on, but the usb was not in the devices(and there was no input on the capture screen). THere was also a pop-up which said 'The device driver software did not install correctly' and it brought up a window which named the usb as an 'unrecognized device' This is odd because the capture worked on my other computer before I changed TV's. Is there a problem with the software?

Edited by Brettword

No everyone else has no issue like this!

What exactly does "...the light for capture came on" mean?

the only lights are on the device and NONE are for capture.

You did reboot after installing the software ~ won't work till you do ;)

yea i did reboot and it didnt do anything. It still said 'no input' Yea and sorry I meant the purple light for the device came on when i plugged it into the computer, showing that its powering the device.

Edited by Brettword

Sorry for all the hassle. I changed around the cords and when I plugged in the USB it said 'device driver not recogninzed' but then i installed hte software and the usb was working. But now when i open the capture, it says ready to record, but the when i turn on my xbox, the capture window started spasming and flashing and i couldnt do anything but X it out

Edited by Brettword

Sorry for all the hassle. I changed around the cords and when I plugged in the USB it said 'device driver not recogninzed' but then i installed hte software and the usb was working. But now when i open the capture, it says ready to record, but the when i turn on my xbox, the capture window started spasming and flashing and i couldnt do anything but X it out

This is like trying to pickup quicksilver :huh:

Maybe that would be your Video Card or Software???

What do you have? You don't have it overclocked do you?

Be specific you have only responded with vague generalities so far ;)

so i looked it over and fixed a few things. Now the device IS recognized in the device manager and working properly, however, when i plug the usb into my computer it says "ready for capture" for a second, but then the capture screen starts spazzming in black colors. The source stays at "roxio game capture hd pro" But the device keeps changing between hdmi and component.....When I change it back to 480 quality it works just fine. But the weird thing is when the quality is back to 720+ I DO HEAR THE XBOX AUDIO. Any ideas?

Edited by Brettword

so i looked it over and fixed a few things. Now the device IS recognized in the device manager and working properly, however, when i plug the usb into my computer it says "ready for capture" for a second, but then the capture screen starts spazzming in black colors. The source stays at "roxio game capture hd pro" But the device keeps changing between hdmi and component.....When I change it back to 480 quality it works just fine. But the weird thing is when the quality is back to 720+ I DO HEAR THE XBOX AUDIO. Any ideas?

What did you do to have it recognize?????? Please I was having the same usb and device manager issue!!

Could it be something with Aero themes in Windows? Not sure how much it'll help, but anytime my preview screen was either black or messing up I had to make sure Aero was enabled. If I was using the "Windows Basic or Windows Classic" themes, it would disable Aero resulting in preview screen problems while the audio still worked. A lot of the Roxio problems are pretty much trial and error. I'm using it with my PS3, though, so I can't exactly help from the Xbox perspective.

sorry i couldnt figure out how post just the pic

Rather than jump in on this old,old thread, start a new one of your own.

Go here for "how to post a picture"

http://forums.suppor...n-cap-on-roxio/

Edited by ogdens

Or here's a thought, run the program disk and hit REPAIR! Worked like a charm.

Keep it simple next time, geez.

Really wanted to go on an angry rant here because this is the second time I was not given the solution to a very simple problem, please just give more obvious solutions first before asking us to arm the tactical lasers in orbit to fix it.

Edited by Willgreg123

Or here's a thought, run the program disk and hit REPAIR! Worked like a charm.

Keep it simple next time, geez.

Really wanted to go on an angry rant here because this is the second time I was not given the solution to a very simple problem, please just give more obvious solutions first before asking us to arm the tactical lasers in orbit to fix it.

You posted to a Topic that is nearly a year old :o