• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Dvd Problem

NoBrainsHere

Question

I purchased the VHD to DVD program and was able to install on an older computer, Windows XP. Copied my first VHS and the computer ran for hours trying to finish. I though the computer was too old and slow. Uninstalled from that computer and tried to install on a newer one, Windows 7. The program will not install. The first one is registered. Can you help?

1 answer to this question

I purchased the VHD to DVD program and was able to install on an older computer, Windows XP. Copied my first VHS and the computer ran for hours trying to finish. I though the computer was too old and slow. Uninstalled from that computer and tried to install on a newer one, Windows 7. The program will not install. The first one is registered. Can you help?

I split your thread from the thread you hijacked since your problem has absolutely nothing to do with the problem discussed in that thread.

Let's first establish what program you have.

You posted in the "VHs to DVD 3" but state you have "VHS to DVD". Which one do you have as they are two different programs.

What do you mean "ran for hours"? If you used the older computer then it may very well take hours depending on how long in time the VHS tape is.

BTW, the general recommendation is to first capture to your hard drive and then burn the video to a DVD.

Also, a 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at best quality, any longer the video has to be compressed and you lose quality.

Edited by myguggi