Sign in to follow this  
romeocasso

I'm Confused...

Question

:)

O.K., Please help me understand how to burn files onto a dvd that will play on a regular dvd player...

I have .dsm, Xvid, and .sub or .srt files for my japanese subtitled videos, and I burned 2 of them that play on my regular dvd, but I can't get subtitles to burn with them...

Let me know what I need to get to burn both the subtitles and the video together, and why Creator 8 doesn't seem to support subtiles...

I also had a few files that were "Matroska pack" files, and they won't play on my dvd either... They play on my computer, but not my dvd.

I'm VERY frustrated with the worthless support I'm getting from Roxio...

How do I get a package that will burn what I have to DVD. Roxio or not, I don't care anymore...

8 answers to this question

:)

O.K., Please help me understand how to burn files onto a dvd that will play on a regular dvd player...

I have .dsm, Xvid, and .sub or .srt files for my japanese subtitled videos, and I burned 2 of them that play on my regular dvd, but I can't get subtitles to burn with them...

Let me know what I need to get to burn both the subtitles and the video together, and why Creator 8 doesn't seem to support subtiles...

I also had a few files that were "Matroska pack" files, and they won't play on my dvd either... They play on my computer, but not my dvd.

I'm VERY frustrated with the worthless support I'm getting from Roxio...

How do I get a package that will burn what I have to DVD. Roxio or not, I don't care anymore...

Have alook at page 58 in the users guide. Get the guide Here

I could not get your link to work so I edited it here and it should now.

Edited by sknis

"Language options are only available for dvd video source movies..."

This seems to say that I can only perform this action from a digital video source, NOT a saved file from my computer...

Is that right?

'Cause that wasn't my question...

I need to know how to include subtitles from files I have saved on my computer to DVD

I don't think EMC8 can do what you want to do.

I don't think EMC8 can do what you want to do.

Correct Gary, it cannot do this.

That's what the statement "Language options are only available for dvd video source movies..." in the guide is telling the OP, they just don't appear to be reading it correctly, or understanding it's answering their question with a "no it does not do this".

To do what they want, they'll need a high $, more proffesional line product, like DVDiT PRO to work with subtitile files.

Guest ivanatrox

DVDIT! 6 Pro would make subtitle for a DVD, however the user needs to re-do the subtitle file.. it does not take .sub or .srt files

Correct Gary, it cannot do this.

That's what the statement "Language options are only available for dvd video source movies..." in the guide is telling the OP, they just don't appear to be reading it correctly, or understanding it's answering their question with a "no it does not do this".

To do what they want, they'll need a high $, more proffesional line product, like DVDiT PRO to work with subtitile files.

Thanks for your answers, I thought it was just me...

Also, I hope I didn't come off as being too gruff... I do appreciate the help, all of you...

Thanks.