• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
sesho

Capture Hd Pro Now Works With Xsplit!

Question

So some good news and bad news. In the past couple of days, the workers of Xsplit along (?) with Roxio have made the Game Capture HD Pro compatible with Xsplit. Pretty darn cool huh? The catch? Since Roxio worked so hard to do it, you have to PAY to savor the fruits of their labors. And yes, while im paraphrasing, Xsplit did basically say that. The HD Pro fix is only for Personal and Premium Xsplit (paying) accounts. For the personal account its like $5 a month. Right now they have a deal to get 3 months for $14.95 plus one free month, which is what I signed up for. You basically just link your twitch account, pick HD capture pro as your camera and start streaming just like that! You don't even have to open the capture software anymore. You just go completely through Xsplit. That is pretty awesome in and of itself. There is just so many more options now! I was having a lot of problems adjusting my bit rate and picture stutter and all that kind of stuff with the capture pro software. With Xsplit that is completely gone. I'm pretty excited with the baseline I now have and can tweak from there and test how to make it look better etc.

Sadly, the fact that I'm getting so excited about Xsplit reflects pretty poorly on Roxio. Xsplit has constructed the Empire State Building while Roxio is still using Lego to make a minature dog house. The software that came with the HD Capture Pro is complete JUNK. I almost believe that Roxio didn't even try to come out with quality software to support this product and just left the work to Xsplit. So now, in order to get the most out of my money, I will be paying a $5 to Xsplit monthly because Roxio couldn't be troubled to come out with a program even remotely comparable to it.

Edited by sesho

13 answers to this question

I laugh at how bad Roxio is supporting their product. You would think they would do a little more considering they have one of the cheapest capture cards on the market. It makes no sense to me that I should have to wait for almost two months to get my game cap replaced due to them shipping me a defective device. Not to mention most of the problems with the software was resolved by us users figuring it out. It's hard to believe that their product is so great (hardware wise), yet their software and customer support is complete garbage. I haven't even attempted to livestream considering my game cap only captures the right channel audio. Frustrating, extremely frustrating -_-

• Like 1

Please read this carefully.

The functionality of these releases including any features or defects found must NOT be discussed outside this sub forum. The reason for this is that we want to keep release candidate versions sharply separated from public versions

from the xSplit forum.

Edited by Vaughn Whiskey

Did you go to File in the Xsplit Broadcaster window and click on add camera, then Roxio Gamecap HD PRO?

Yes and also add game aswell and still nothing.

Edited by Robm86