mitchdojo

Select Video Device Failed

Question

so for christmas i got a RGC not the pro HD one just a regular. i finnaly got the 1080i cords for the PS3 and i pluged them in turned Game Cap on my computer and i pressed record. when i opened it it gave me an error mesage that said "select video device failed" then i couldent capture. i dont know what to do and i have searched all over the fourms. also under device manager i have the 2roxio things needed so there is no problem with the usb. i attached a picture of what my roxio lookes likepost-109068-0-48111000-1357161091_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Is your PS3 set to output Component?.

Are you getting a picture on your TV?. You didn't say.

Edited by ogdens

i am once again posting this because im really thinking about returning this and getting my money back to get a better game capture. this was on my older post "so for christmas i got a RGC not the pro HD one just a regular. i finnaly got the 1080i cords for the PS3 and i pluged them in turned Game Cap on my computer and i pressed record. when i opened it it gave me an error mesage that said "select video device failed" then i couldent capture. i dont know what to do and i have searched all over the fourms. also under device manager i have the 2roxio things needed so there is no problem with the usb. i attached a picture of what my roxio lookes like"post-109068-0-48111000-1357161091.jpg

now please someone help!!! also im getting image from TV but not on the computer. please please help......

I had the same problem, there are a few solutions:

1. Install ccleaner and remove codecs from your computer then reinstall the roxio disc. (didnt work for me)

2. Create a virtual harddrive, this is quite complicated and i also couldn't get this to work.

3. If all else fails, download windows put it onto a disc then install it on your computer then it should work fine once you have reinstalled everything.

Heres a helpful video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itjDX5Up36g

Hope this helped you.

Poor advise WolXBlaze!

ThornoGamer posted it four months ago and probably deleted it by now.

This post needs to be closed.