Sign in to follow this  
megaritzmom

Mac Vs Pc For Roxio Easy Vhs To Dvd

Question

I am trying to decide whether to purchase the Mac version or the PC version. I have two Macs: a Lion and a Mountain Lion both with iMovie (I'm fairly good at iMovie) and the Mountain LIon also has Final Cut Pro (which I have not used before but am ready and willing to learn), and I have a Windows 7 PC. Which Roxio product will work better to copy home movies from my camera with RCA jacks? Which will copy my VHS tapes better? Do I really need either software since the hardware is available without the software for a lower price? Does the iMovie do everything the software will do? If not, will FInal Cut? I would like to be able to sharpen the home movies a little and remove shakiness, as well as brighten colors that have faded.

1 answer to this question

All I know about the PC version is it has the added ability to capture audio only. The Mac version captures as either Apple Intermediate Codec or h.264 MPEG 4. The latter is mislabeled "medium" quality. It is high quality and doesn't take up as much hard drive space. Also, the Apple Intermediate Codec requires a very fast hard drive.

The capture app has few settings. Any editing is done by something else after capture.

ElGato and Blackmagic make competing products. Roxio's is the least expensive.