stefeninsing

Question

Hello Forum,

Machine : HP 540 Laptop running Windows XP SP3,RAM:4GB,Intel Core 2 Duo T5670@1.8GHz

Drive :HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA-T50L

Software : Creator Business v10 DVD, OEM/Factory-installed,Version:10.1.048,Build:110B48B, HNP

History : Have burnt DVDs using this software successfully.No issues with DVD+R,DVD-R,DVD+/-RW

Issue : Inserted a brand new Verbatim DVD+R DL disc to burn data on to. Failed. Tried again-Prompts me to insert a new/blank disc.

Prior to attempting to burn the DVD+R DL disc,ran Nero Infotool which lists DVD+R DL Writing as one of the capabilities of my drive.

Ran DVD-Identifier, as suggested by Forum Administrator and the results are as below:

Please list out the steps I need to follow in order to get DVD+R DL writing/burning forward using Roxio. Haven’t tried other software like Nero yet. I enjoy the simple format that Roxio uses and the software is so hassle-free. Haven’t tried any hardware steps yet.

Thanks

Andrew

9 answers to this question

Hello Forum,

Machine : HP 540 Laptop running Windows XP SP3,RAM:4GB,Intel Core 2 Duo T5670@1.8GHz

Drive :HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GSA-T50L

Software : Creator Business v10 DVD, OEM/Factory-installed,Version:10.1.048,Build:110B48B, HNP

History : Have burnt DVDs using this software successfully.No issues with DVD+R,DVD-R,DVD+/-RW

Issue : Inserted a brand new Verbatim DVD+R DL disc to burn data on to. Failed. Tried again-Prompts me to insert a new/blank disc.

Prior to attempting to burn the DVD+R DL disc,ran Nero Infotool which lists DVD+R DL Writing as one of the capabilities of my drive.

Ran DVD-Identifier, as suggested by Forum Administrator and the results are as below:

Please list out the steps I need to follow in order to get DVD+R DL writing/burning forward using Roxio. Haven’t tried other software like Nero yet. I enjoy the simple format that Roxio uses and the software is so hassle-free. Haven’t tried any hardware steps yet.

Thanks

Andrewpost-109083-0-66417200-1357201305_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What are you trying to burn to the disc?

Is the other thread a duplicate of this one (except no images)? Delete it.

I have no idea how to delete the other post.Seriously! Just can't find the option. Sorry, first day,new forum. Need directions.

I have a number of these MP4 files which I have ben trying to burn.They are in folders along with Subtitle files.So I simply select the folder and it appears in the list.Each of these folders is upwards of 1.5 GB.I follow a similar procedure while burning data discs.I like Roxio in that it is so simple.While with Nero, you select each individual file and cannot select the entire folder. Anyways,waiting for your suggestions/advice.Thanks in advance :)

I merged it with this post!

What application are you using to try and burn MP4 files, folders along with Subtitle files?

Your wrong about Nero.

Thank you.

This is the application: Creator Business v10 DVD, OEM/Factory-installed,Version:10.1.048,Build:110B48B, HNP

A picture is pasted below for an idea

Edited by stefeninsing

Thank you.

This is the application: Creator Business v10 DVD, OEM/Factory-installed,Version:10.1.048,Build:110B48B, HNP

Thank you.

Did the picture get pasted? Can't see it at my end. Trying again.