• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Signal On Tv

Zackmanrules

Question

Hello, again! I had a problem earlier with the software not installing and now I have an even bigger problem! :/

When I woke up yesterday and I was going to play xbox I turned on my computer and plugged in the USB and turned on my xbox and my TV, but to picture came up? I tried turning everything off and turing it on again, but still no picture.

All the cables are plugged in correctly. But there is now another major problem with it! When I click on the RGC software on my desktop and it presents me with the options to capture and edit. When I click on 'capture' nothing happens!?! Nothing happens at all and im starting to get really frustrtated. I restarted my computer, and tried unistalling and re-installing with 'repair'. But its still not giving me andy picture on the tv and i cant open the capture window!

Please, please help me, all I want to do is start making videos and this is just keeping me from doing so :(

13 answers to this question

You sure give up easy...

For the Capture Button not responding, there is no solution that I am aware of.

For not getting a signal on your TV, 99.999% user error ;)

Given that the software is not working properly on your PC is it really likely that the GameCAP box is broken too? :huh: (retorical question, answer is No)

First order of business is to get the software running! Even without the device plugged in, it will go to the Capture Window but list No Signal.

If you want to pursue this I would recommend a through and proper repair:

Plug in the Capture device and Disable it in the Device Manager (Sound and Video Game Controllers)

Unplug the device and put it aside till later.

Turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc. and insert your Roxio Disc, run Install.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

Then turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Does Capture bring up its' window now?

Also list your PC specs, like i have in my sig block.

Pursue your Facebook link!

The link they gave you had no relavance to your specific problem AND was not even for this product :wacko:

Make you you clearly state you have the GameCAP HD!!!

At the same time pursue Support here (tab at the top) ~ nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 irons in the fire ;)

Only thing that concerns me is that you are running on a Laptop which utilize a graphics chip rather than a true graphics card... But others have the same setup and it works so I really need to stop chewing on that bone :lol:

One user did report that this solution did work for them but we don't know why???

It involves installing a service pack for something that should be need it :huh:

Try it this way:

Set a Restore Point!

Shut off any Firewall and Anti Virus

Download and Run the

Turn ON your AV & Firewall and Reboot.

What does that do for your problem???