Sound Editor 7.0

penguinz9

Question

3 answers to this question

Why cant' I change the sound levels? The slider moves, but, always jumps back to minimun.

Hi Penquinz9,

More info; I solved my problem by installing a new sound card. The original sound card is an on-board realtek HD. When I called Hewlet Packard back and actually got them to listen to the problem I was having and the tech guy got a computer out and looked, he was baffled but admitted a problem. As of 2/23/06 9:30 PM they did not have an answer. All the volume controls for record levels are greyed out. He promised to "get back" to me with a solution. As I said earlier a new sound card solved my problem. Hope this is some help.

W Pellett

Why cant' I change the sound levels? The slider moves, but, always jumps back to minimun.

Hi Penguinz9,

One thing I forgot to say was that every HP computer with the on-board realtek HD sound card that was on display at the local Circuit City store has the same problem; not just my computer. HMM, maybe that tech guy WILL pursue it.

W Pellett

Hi penquinz9,

I just bought a new computer and I'm having the same problem. I've noticed that when I go to the tools tab in the sound editor and check recording sources( it's the last one ) I see a greyed out message that says "no audio input source found". Well I finally went to the store and loaded the program on three different machines; what I found was that it just doesn't work with XP Media Center. When loaded it on XP Home or XP Pro it worked fine and provided several choices for recording source. I don't know what the answer is but if I find out I'll share. Maybe someone else on this site will have some insight.

Later, wpellett

PS I've been running the program on an XP Home machine for more than a year; no problems--until the hard drive puked.

Not sure why your volume slider will not stay at the location you place it to but I checked on my Sound Editor slider and it stays where ever I place it and the sound does increase or decrease when I use that option.

One thing you might want to check is clicking on the volume control Icon (way down on the task bar in the lower right had corner of the screen next to the time). When you get the volume screen, make sure that the vertical sliders for each of the volumes you want are set at their highest level. To see additional choices on the screen, click on OPTIONS, then on PROPERTIES and there will be several other boxes you can check that will also appear on then vertical graphs when you use the volume control.

I assume you are able to hear the from your speakers, the sound recording when you are in sound editor. It's just that you can adjust it. Is what you hear to low or to high ?

Frank........

Archived