• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems With Windows Xp (Home) With Sp3.

Berko Bob

I'm a newbie at all of this so please make allowances for me!!

I have long been using my installed Easy CD & DVD creator 6 (Platinum) software on my PC which has Windows XP (Home) with SP3 installed.

It has been operating without either fault or difficulty for several years now but just recently it wont load or activate at all. Instead I get an error message that says that my operating system has recently been upgraded (I'm assuming via the automatic Windows updates process) and I must uninstall and reinstall the Easy CD application for it to operate properly.

Obviously I have done this several times but still it will not work.

I was regularly using the disc copy for ripping back-ups and also the label creator elements of the main programme so Ideally I would like to preserve the fairly large collection of Roxio Label Creator images I already have with any fix or suggested alternative.

Can anybody tell me how best to fix this problem.

I'm a newbie at all of this so please make allowances for me!!

I have long been using my installed Easy CD & DVD creator 6 (Platinum) software on my PC which has Windows XP (Home) with SP3 installed.

It has been operating without either fault or difficulty for several years now but just recently it wont load or activate at all. Instead I get an error message that says that my operating system has recently been upgraded (I'm assuming via the automatic Windows updates process) and I must uninstall and reinstall the Easy CD application for it to operate properly.

Obviously I have done this several times but still it will not work.

I was regularly using the disc copy for ripping back-ups and also the label creator elements of the main programme so Ideally I would like to preserve the fairly large collection of Roxio Label Creator images I already have with any fix or suggested alternative.

Can anybody tell me how best to fix this problem.

Try to find the Windows Update that killed it, and if you do find it, disable Auto Updates.

One Guru, who still uses that version, may see your post and offer other suggestions.

If I may, that doesn't sound very good. Have you checked for Viruses? What kind of update did you do; the normal patches or something else?

Have you installed any new programs?

If you can pinpoint about when this happened, did you try to use Windows Restore to restore you computer to the last time it worked properly?

Edited by sknis