• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Dvd Problem & Cd Track Problems

Nikod7

Question

Hi,

I purchased a new external blu-ray burner for my Imac w/10.6. I also got Toast Titanium 11 with hd plug in. I am not familiar with Toast at all but wanted to test a music burn. So I wouldn't waste a cd, I chose to use a tdk brand Dvd+RW.

through the toast software I chose a music dvd and dragged in the music, all the songs were listed and showed the duration.

I clicked on burn and it went through the song list and finished. what I ended up with were 2 file folders on the dvd: 1) called Video_TS (I dragged them here & they expanded) file://localhost/Volumes/Bee%20Gee's%20Disc%201/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP

file://localhost/Volumes/Bee%20Gee's%20Disc%201/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO

file://localhost/Volumes/Bee%20Gee's%20Disc%201/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB

file://localhost/Volumes/Bee%20Gee's%20Disc%201/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP

file://localhost/Volumes/Bee%20Gee's%20Disc%201/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO

file://localhost/Volumes/Bee%20Gee's%20Disc%201/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB

2) called Audio_TS Which was empty.

I tried a second time with the same results. what happened?

I then used a CD and it burned all the songs and it does play. But, the big problem here is even though the songs were listed correctly, when the burn finished it only reads Track 1, track 2 ect. plus the duration.

How do I remedy this?

6 answers to this question

There's nothing to remedy. Put the DVD in a DVD player and turn on the TV. You'll see a menu like a regular video DVD but when you select a title you'll get music instead of videos.

The Audio_TS folder is always empty.

As for the tracks having generic titles, that's because the Mac OS doesn't read CD Text. To see different titles they either need to be entered manually in iTunes or downloaded from the online CDDB if it is an audio CD that has had the track info uploaded to that site. You also can go to dougscripts.com and download the CD Text to cdinfo applescript that when run in iTunes (from the Scripts menu near the Help menu) will automatically enter the track names in iTunes from the CD Text that Toast burned to the disc.

Hi,

I just bought a Mercury pro external blu-ray burner. It came with toast 11 titanium with hd plug in. what is the player application?

I tried looking all through toast after I burned a music dvd and I don't understand how to use or find the player application.

How do I set the new burner to play a disc when I mount it after the burn or after I put a disc into the player/ burner?

The dvd player application is an app that is part of mac os x. It is called DVD player. So put the DVD into the drive once it is mounted, double click on its icon and that will open a window on the desktop. Then open the dvd player app. Or you can put the DVD into the drive, open the dvd player app and go to the menu in the app to open the disc.