• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Isrc Disaster!

Timeline

Question

I spent a year producing this album. Today was a crunch time as the artist is dying from brain cancer and we had to get it into the bath tonight to get CD's in time before...

As usual I have not used this software but knew how to do crossfades, text button application and ISRC inputting. I created 3 masters with everything implemented barcode too.

I have the latest MacPro 293 8 core and 14GB ram. I was using the latest 11.1 update when the Rep house called, couldn't find the ISRC's.

So, I cut another identical master and this is what I found when dropping it into Toast 11.1:

Only one track loaded with an ISRC number and the software could not identify the other 10 audio tracks. So then I transferred the second track manually leaving the first and all the others. I finally found the ISRCs on the transfer but the bar code # was not there.

My artists wife now handling affairs for the artist blamed me for everything. The replication house blamed me. The embarrassment was beyond belief!!

After my home test I decided to give up on this software completely and seek out and save for avids mastering software. You get what you pay for I guess. I have been a music producer engineer for 44 years. I'm devastated at the lack of professionalism from a major company like Roxio and Corel for not hiring MIT brains to just fix the #$^@ software for the rest of us. It would be advisable. I know it's cheap but common, so was Jam and it worked when you had the right G5 and disk burner hooked up. I pine for easier dayzzzzzz.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet