Auto Pan/scan And Auto Motion Not Working

rbstamm

Question

In EMC 7 it was easy to get automatic pan and scan applied to a large number of slides in a slide show.

In EMC 8 I can not get this to work. When I use the Slide Show Wizard to load pictures and check to apply pan/scan it only works on the first picture of the sile show.

If I go into Video edit and tey to apply auto motion it will not work on a single slide nor on a set of slides. The dialogue box says auto motion has been applied but nothing happens, no motion.

If I use the pan/scan option, select auto pan/scan again nothing gets applied to the slides.

Anyone know how to get this basic function back? Do I have to get a refund and go back to EMC 7??

6 answers to this question

In EMC 7 it was easy to get automatic pan and scan applied to a large number of slides in a slide show.

In EMC 8 I can not get this to work. When I use the Slide Show Wizard to load pictures and check to apply pan/scan it only works on the first picture of the sile show.

If I go into Video edit and tey to apply auto motion it will not work on a single slide nor on a set of slides. The dialogue box says auto motion has been applied but nothing happens, no motion.

If I use the pan/scan option, select auto pan/scan again nothing gets applied to the slides.

Anyone know how to get this basic function back? Do I have to get a refund and go back to EMC 7??

Same problem here. Have not tried the wizard, but if I try to apply auto motion nothing happens. It worked well in 7. But, the pan and zoom selection does work. It offers more options too. I only get the auto motion option on right click too. I talked to tech support about it. They looked at a few things....rendering -- hardware or software and some display functions, but to no avail.

Don't use the slide show wizard. The motion is applied but often it is so slight that it can't be noticed. It seems to be a function of the image and of the display time. Take the slide show to Video Wave and apply the pan and zoom from there.

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? Parts of MyDVD and Videowave use DirectX extensively so you really need a good video card and/or updated drivers for it to work properly.

Also make sure you have the latest DirectX 9.0c installed.

Thanks Gary. Not to sound stupid, but what is DirectX 9.0c ???

Same problem here. Have not tried the wizard, but if I try to apply auto motion nothing happens. It worked well in 7. But, the pan and zoom selection does work. It offers more options too. I only get the auto motion option on right click too. I talked to tech support about it. They looked at a few things....rendering -- hardware or software and some display functions, but to no avail.

I'am new to this forum as well as to EMC 8, but you describe the exact problem I'am having. I have a number of slides I put together in Slideshow Assistant and checked the box for pan & zoom effect, but it dosn't seem to work when I do a preview. I was looking for a 'quick & dirty' method without going into video creator which I tried but being new to this program, was a little too involved for me at this point. Used Windows Photo-Story 3 and had no problem, except you can't burn to a DVD without 3rd party software.

Archived