• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 2012 Won't Encode All Panels

frustrated once again

Question

I have created a 1 hour videowave 2012 project. It is beautiful and perfect when I preview it in Videowave. When I try to export as file to playback as DVD, it misses panels when it encodes and just puts in a blank black screen. I have asked for support many times and have many (closed)support cases on file, but no one has been able to help. I have sent my computer away for possible problems. Everyhting has been looked at and brought up to date. Even my computer technician cannot understand why Videowave is not outputting for DVD playback and is missing my panels. Anyone else out there with the same problem? I really need to burn this project for my 9 year old granddaughter.

14 answers to this question

Is it always the same panels that are missing?

What is in the missing panels? If it is an image, double click on it and apply a 1 pixel blur. you won't notice that and it may fix the issue.

If it is different panels everytime, make sure you svae the project and close video wave, open Create DVD and set your menu (if you want one) and add the project to Create DVD. When you go to burn, either burn to an ISO file or to a folder set. That will create file/folder whcoh is exactly what will be on the burned DVD. This separates the encoding from the burning so you computer is doing only one thing at a time. Once that is finished, use the FREE VLC to watch the file or folder. If therwe are blank panels, come back and let us know. If there are none, use Video Copy and Convert to burn the ISo or folder set to a DVD.

Since this is important to you, do NOT use store brand DVDs or Memorex DVDs. Get either Verbatim or Sony and try those. If you had more time, I would suggest that you order on-line JVC Taiyo Yuden discs; they have never failed me. They cost a little more but they are worth it.

By the way, if you would post the results of the dxdiag.exe eevaluation of your computer, we can look to see if there is anything with your hardware that needs to be done. Do this (link) , attach the results. do not copy and paste.

Your one hour is about the max you can put on a single layer DVD at best quality. Do not look at the file size and do not put much more than the one hour on the DVD. If you try to put much more, you may end up with some missing panels/music, etc.

Let us know your progress.

Not always the same panels, but always an image.

The problem occurs when I try to save the project for DVD playback.

You cannot save a project for DVD playback - all you get is a project file. I assume you meant "Output or Export"

How about posting the settings you are using?

What kind of images are you using, ie format, size?

I have output as DVD playbck MPEG-2 Best Quality many many times- still misses files - not always the same ones.

I think you posted earlier that it was always an image (photo??) that was missing, is that correct?

What format are those images, what size are they? Where did you get them?

Are you using any transitions between panels?

Could you also post your system specs, amount of free space on your hard drive.

Edited by myguggi

Always a photo that is missing - not always the same ones

They are all .jpg files approx 4 MB

They all came from my own camera.

I am using transitons between most of them

94 GB Free space

Windows 7 Professional

Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz 3.06 GHz 64-bit Operating System

How many photos are you using in your project? Those photo files are quite large and I have had blank panels appear with such large files if I have many photos in my project. Can you make copies of those images but much smaller in size and try again.

Also you you have only 94GB free space. How big is your hard drive? Have you defragged lately?

Try without transitions also.

Edited by myguggi

I have gone through several times and made many smaller. Some still do not appear. What I did notice in all of this is that some of the files in the Videowave format were renamed eg. DSCN4569 had become DSCN4569000 etc.

I have gone through and renamed the ones that had been inexplicably changed and replaced many panels with a smaller version of the photo. I am presently creating yet another video file. I'll let you know how it goes.

I did defrag before all of this extra. I keep my TEMP and %TEMP% folders empty and use disk cleanup frequently.

I have gone through several times and made many smaller. Some still do not appear. What I did notice in all of this is that some of the files in the Videowave format were renamed eg. DSCN4569 had become DSCN4569000 etc.

I have gone through and renamed the ones that had been inexplicably changed and replaced many panels with a smaller version of the photo. I am presently creating yet another video file. I'll let you know how it goes.

I did defrag before all of this extra. I keep my TEMP and %TEMP% folders empty and use disk cleanup frequently.

I hope you have not renamed them back to the original names (or you have at least copies of the originals) otherwise you may have lost the originals