Dvd Will Not Play In Dvd Player

Festive

Question

I'm using windows XP service pack 3. I want to create a DVD that is playable on any DVD player. Using Roxio Creator NXT Video Copy & Convert (Used Convert tab) I added source files created from a Sony camcorder (.m2ts), and chose output as DVD the first time, and then Video the second time. The output both times was a VCPF file which will not play in a DVD player. What am I doing wrong? I want to convert these files so they can be played on any DVD player. I can't find this issue addressed anywhere and the help files and pdf's don't seem to help me. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

I'm using windows XP service pack 3. I want to create a DVD that is playable on any DVD player. Using Roxio Creator NXT Video Copy & Convert (Used Convert tab) I added source files created from a Sony camcorder (.m2ts), and chose output as DVD the first time, and then Video the second time. The output both times was a VCPF file which will not play in a DVD player. What am I doing wrong? I want to convert these files so they can be played on any DVD player. I can't find this issue addressed anywhere and the help files and pdf's don't seem to help me. Thank you.

If all you have is a VCPF file then you did not create a video file but a project file. Using Output does not create DVDs but only files /folders that you can later burn to a DVD with a burning program

Why not use myDVD to create a DVD, this program in NXT that is designed to author DVDs properly.