• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

tbsz

Does Not Meet System Requirements

Question

My pc does not meet minimum system requirements. I can't seem to find what is not up to standards myself so Im asking for help because I don't want to go through the process of returning my roxio game capture hd pro.

The minimum standards are

• Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM

• Dual Core 2.3 GHz above is recommended for 1080 30p/60i recording.

• The product is also Windows 8 ready.

• DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card

• 2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording.

• Windows Media Player 11 or higher

• Internet explorer 7 or 8

• Internet connection required for capture, live streaming, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility[

• Internet upload speed for Live Streaming: 1.5 Mbps. 2.5 Mbps above is recommended

• 720p live stream requires at least 4.5 Mbps internet upload speed.

• One available USB 2.0 port

I have windows vista with the sp2 installed. I have the intel core 2 duo processor with 1.8 GHz ( I think, i will attach my dxdiag.txt file)Im not sure if im windows 8 ready or notMy DirectX version is 10.0 according to the dxdiag.txt fileI have a ton of gb left on my hard driveMy windows media player is higher than 11

My default internet is google chrome but I do have internet explorer 8 installed

Im not looking to live stream yet so I haven't checked my upload speed but I do have an internet connect so that shouldn't be blocking me from downloading and I have multiple usb ports.

Please help, I really don't want to send this back.DxDiag.txt

Edited by Jim_Hardin

10 answers to this question

You don't have enough PC to see any use for Win8...

You will have a minimal experance with the RGC but only you can decide if that is OK and you have to run it to know that ;)

If you bought it from Roxio you have 30 days, no questions asked...

If Retail, then you better check before you break a seal :lol:

I bought from roxio. So my computer isn't good enough to even run roxio even if i installed Windows 8? So I need to return it or get another computer?

Its your call.

If it was me, I would go with the new computer.

I bought from roxio. So my computer isn't good enough to even run roxio even if i installed Windows 8? So I need to return it or get another computer?

Windows 8 won't make it run better, it's dependent on your hardware, not the operating system. And from what I've heard, any hardware older than a year or two probably isn't worth putting Windows 8 onto.

No computer ever runs 'better' when you install a new OS :huh:

They all take a performance hit ~ I've been at this game since Win 3.0 :lol:

well I just need to know what I need to do to this computer to make it at least install. I don't have the money to buy a new computer so I would rather upgrade this computer.

Every time I try to install the software I get an error saying

"This operating system does not meet the minimum requirements for Roxio Game Capture HD PRO.

This product will not be installed.

Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (64-bit)

Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32- bit)

Microsoft Vista SP2(32/64-bit)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32/64-bit)"

Use Win Explorer - navigate to the Setup.exe on the disc, right click it and clear any Compatibilty check mark!!!

(never install any program with compatibilty ~ it is not what you think!)

Now click right click it and select Open.

What happens?

• Like 1

I looked further into the change compatibility option and looked at the option for all users and after unchecking the box for all users i was able to install. Thank you for your help.

edit: and is there any way to use a component cable and an hdmi cable. My component cable comes from the xobox to the roxio and a hd from the roxio to the t.v. I have an extra hd cord coming in the mail but it might not be here till wednesday

Edited by tbsz

I looked further into the change compatibility option and looked at the option for all users and after unchecking the box for all users i was able to install. Thank you for your help.

edit: and is there any way to use a component cable and an hdmi cable. My component cable comes from the xobox to the roxio and a hd from the roxio to the t.v. I have an extra hd cord coming in the mail but it might not be here till wednesday

Great! ~ I did not think of the Administrator setting :huh:

Yes the cable you use on the Pass Through has no bearing on the input type. Of course the unit has to USB Powered to work -_-