billybobthorton

Purple Preview Screen.

Question

I have no preview screen. I have seen a few threads about this issue.. does nobody know what the cause is? THIS IS FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I CAN'T EVEN USE MY CAPTURE CARD. There is a signal, it's ready to go.. just no preview screen.

11 answers to this question

Enable Windows Aero.

I found out that turning on aero is helping a lot of people... maybe I am doing something wrong? As I said, I have windows 8.. i don't know if I am turning it on right.. do you know how?

Sorry, I don't really know much about computers and all that stuff

Click on Start, then Help and Support and type in the search Aero. I don't have W8

It shouldn't even be required in Win8... Several users I know have RGC running in Win8 w/o any issues :huh:

I suspect it is more a matter of faulty Video Card drivers for Win8 that are at the root of this...

And Aero is in Win8, just a little more trouble to reach, LINK

still having trouble. As I said, it was working fine (even when I had windows 8) then one day, purple screen. Never went away... and I can't get it to work again. NOTHING CHANGED on my computer. I was using it, X'd it out and used it about an hour later and the problem occured.

Try this:

Here is how I fixed it:

1) Go to the install location of the Roxio Game Capture HD PRO software and open the folder Media Import (C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Game Capture HD PRO\ Media Import in my case).

2) Right click on the MediaCaptureGame1X application.

3) Choose Run with Graphics processor > Change default graphics processor...

4) Click on Add

5) Find the MediaCaptureGame1X application (C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Game Capture HD PRO\Media Import) and click Open

6) Under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:

select High-performance NVIDIA Processor and click on Apply

ljuxOcE.png

Y6NRRbp.png

Hope that works for you.

Long version:

This guy: http://forums.suppor...en/#entry429123 got me on the right track. Thanks for that.

If you are on Windows 8 and you have the Blank/Purple Screen problem, check with what graphic accelerator the actual capturing software runs. The name of the software should be MediaCaptureGame1X.exe located in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Game Capture HD PRO\Media Import

By default it ran on the Integrated graphics device on my computer, but when I started it with the (in my case) so called High-performance NVIDIA Processor, the preview screen works just fine again.

What you want to do is to make the High-performance NVIDIA Processor the default device for running the MediaCaptureGame1X.exe. This way, you can open the program still via the launcher shortcut on the desktop and it should still work.